6 + 2 Point Deductions

But there was no potential for a points increase? There was only two out ones from our appeal….1) the points deduction was reduced or 2) the points deduction stayed the same…..there was no possibility/potential of it being increased
That's not accurate. The appeal could increase the deduction. The wording of the appeal board powers is that it may 'vary the penalty or order imposed by the initial hearing'. It's unlikely but it's not impossible and mounting appeals with little chance of success might be considered vexatious.

That's not accurate. The appeal could increase the deduction. The wording of the appeal board powers is that it may 'vary the penalty or order imposed by the initial hearing'. It's unlikely but it's not impossible and mounting appeals with little chance of success might be considered vexatious.
But surely the power to that is only based on the nature of the appeal? If the PL did not appeal it the power they have is limited to the nature of the appeal? I work in civil litigation and a change in sanction or award can only be varied based on the scope of the appeal? Anyway, it’s done regardless.

I see more bedwetters are still going on about administration! Don't believe what some are saying. It won't happen.
It won’t oh really? Why so confident it won’t? It’s a real possibility, if we do sell players that won’t even cover the loans we’ve had off others, thread bare squad already plus any outgoing sales. Last few years have been grim and the future looks just as bad. I hope you’re right and it doesn’t happen.

But surely the power to that is only based on the nature of the appeal? If the PL did not appeal it the power they have is limited to the nature of the appeal? I work in civil litigation and a change in sanction or award can only be varied based on the scope of the appeal? Anyway, it’s done regardless.
Don't need to work in civil litigation to know this kind of thing; I'm a floor fitter and I'd say it's still all to play for.

14 clear of Luton now. You know what to do Mosh...

giphy.gif