6 + 2 Point Deductions

They will bring in new firm rules that are easier to manage/punish, but with more liveable criteria. No doubt they will hugely benefit the richer clubs still. Clean slate incoming, getting those implicated big boys off the hook.

Also think there will be an “independent” regulator coming in very soon, swinging their arms, but it will likely be all bark and no bite - effectively toothless and the same issues will still be there. Where there is money there is injustice and corruption.

Rinse and repeat - just with a different washing machine.

If there is to be an incoming ‘clean slate’, then it will be ‘from now on’. The rules will still be applicable to the time period leading up to the clean slate, meaning yet more point deductions for clubs next season.

I want the complete removal of these rules and a return to how things were before FFP. Clubs shouldn’t even need inflated sponsorships, as clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they want!

I’m glad that Manchester City haven’t had any punishments, and I’m absolutely okay with them winning everything in sight at the expense of Liverpool FC. Long may it continue!

They've labelled ours as higher tier breaches.

No idea how they've come to that if the bottom line is both clubs went over a threshold in the same time period.

They'll have a reason which is purely their opinion rather than anything tangible or factual. Fact is both clubs went over so should be treated the same and then mitigations should determine appeals
Probably because we had a higher limit and still breached. Whereas if they were allowed the same limit as us, they wouldn’t have breached.

If there is to be an incoming ‘clean slate’, then it will be ‘from now on’. The rules will still be applicable to the time period leading up to the clean slate, meaning yet more point deductions for clubs next season.

I want the complete removal of these rules and a return to how things were before FFP. Clubs shouldn’t even need inflated sponsorships, as clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they want!

I’m glad that Manchester City haven’t had any punishments, and I’m absolutely okay with them winning everything in sight at the expense of Liverpool FC. Long may it continue!
I really hope this is the case

Probably because we had a higher limit and still breached. Whereas if they were allowed the same limit as us, they wouldn’t have breached.

Again, goes back to made up opinion than agreed guidelines. We argued that Forest we're something like 50% over their limit and we were 20% relative to limit. So the size of the limit shouldn't be the issue, it should be the size of the breach IMO.

The PL decided we were top end because they felt it was, not that that there was guidance to follow hence why it was used as an argument

This is going to favour Chelsea then as they needed to sell in the summer to not breach?

i dont see what the issue with non market value is.... if i made billions and wanted to put my company name on Everton shirts for a billion a year then shouldnt I be allowed to?

This is going to favour Chelsea then as they needed to sell in the summer to not breach?

Possibly, but if Chelsea need to sell in the summer to prevent a breach, then the punishment that they are trying to prevent wouldn’t come until 2026. If they are heading for a breach in 2025 (as reported) then they need to sell just before the next accounting period, just before the summer.

My understanding is that any change of the rules will be ‘from now on’, meaning that punishments will continue to be dished out in 2025 regardless of the rule change.

However, I am not in support of this. I am happy for the rules to be immediately consigned to the dustbin (as long as we continue to be in the Premier League).

I don’t care if City or Chelsea get away with spending their own money, as I think they should always have been allowed to do that.