6 + 2 Point Deductions

It’ll be a 7 point deduction + enforced contract extensions for Keane, Beto, Onana, Harrison, Godfrey…well the whole squad except Branthwaite and Pickford.

I dont think City will ever be found guilty.

On any charge after the Premier League's 4 year investigation?

If not, then what does this say about the Premier League?

In accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1, the Premier League confirms that it has today referred a number of alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules by Manchester City Football Club (Club) to a Commission under Premier League Rule W.3.4.

Details of the Premier League Rules that the Club is alleged to have breached are as follows:

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:
(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72 and C.75 (from 10 September 2009, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.79 and C.80);
(b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
(d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
(e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules B.15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
(f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
(i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

2. In respect of:
(a) each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2012/13 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of manager remuneration in its relevant contracts with its manager, namely:
(1) for Seasons 2009/10 to 2011/12 inclusive, Premier League Rules Q.7 and Q.8; and
(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules P.7 and P.8; and
(b) each of Seasons 2010/11 to 2015/16 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of player remuneration in its relevant contracts with its players, namely:
(1) for Seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12, Premier League Rules K.12 and K.20;
(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.20;
(3) for Seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.19; and
(4) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules T.13 and T.20.

3. In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

4. In respect of each of the Seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons on Profitability and Sustainability, namely:
(a) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules E.52 to E.60; and
(b) for Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18, Premier League Rules E.53 to E.60.

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:
(a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(d) for Season 2021/22, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13; and
(e) for Season 2022/23, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16.

Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Commission will be appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

The proceedings before the Commission will, in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League Rule W.82.2, the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website.

This confirmation is made in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1. The Premier League will be making no further comment in respect of this matter until further notice.

And as Man City's former chairman said;

"I think for the authorities to deal with 115 charges is rather a lot and I would have wondered why they don't take the six or 10 key easier [charges] from their point of view to deal with and try and get them done, because otherwise this could go on forever.

"I think the expression is justice delayed is justice denied, so I think they need to get a move on with it."

I don't expect Man City, nor Chelsea to receive sporting punishment as Everton have because, well... the likes of this;

1712233912451.png

... and it's too self damaging to the Premier League.

I think we only got one because politics/timing - the Super League prompting regulation. And the legal threats from Leeds, Burnley and co.

Everton wisely made reference to monitoring with great interest other clubs. If Everton get another deduction, they should expand on that. No more "satisfied" "particularly pleased" nonsense.

On any charge after the Premier League's 4 year investigation?

If not, then what does this say about the Premier League?

And as Man City's former chairman said;

I don't expect Man City, nor Chelsea to receive sporting punishment as Everton have because, well... the likes of this;

View attachment 251308

... and it's too self damaging to the Premier League.

I think we only got one because politics/timing - the Super League prompting regulation. And the legal threats from Leeds, Burnley and co.

Everton wisely made reference to monitoring with great interest other clubs. If Everton get another deduction, they should expand on that. No more "satisfied" "particularly pleased" nonsense.
Absolute f'in disgrace!

I know people will come back and say they are completely independent of each other, but I really hope that there was something in Everton’s almost gleeful acceptance of the first charge (and complete silence since) that might have meant we dealt with both charges (e.g accept this point deduction gracefully now, stop bad mouthing us in public, let this be the end of it and we look the other way on the second charge)

Clutching at straws but it would explain a lot about how spineless Everton have been since the 6 points were announced.
Or we could simply believe the most likely reason: we are spineless.

1985 is calling and wants its craven capitulation back.

The general talk is that Spurs will be fine with PSR due to depreciating stadium costs, but they’ve recorded five consecutive loses.

They’ve lost nearly £90m this year; they’ve exceeded the £220m threshold in the three year cycle, and CL football is not guaranteed.

They’ll probably be okay, but you never know, and the PL will not want that risked, with Chelsea and other ‘top’ clubs too. It looks bad.

They have posted 4 years of losses but before that had posted 6 years of profit.

They have the best turnover to wages in the Premier league of 45%

They will have the depreciating stadium costs to come off PSR plus the massive loan payments they have for the stadium.

No Europe this season but the Kane transfer will resolve that.

They also are waiting patiently for a naming rights deal to the stadium as they want the best deal possible.

We are a basket case compared to Spurs.

They have posted 4 years of losses but before that had posted 6 years of profit.

They have the best turnover to wages in the Premier league of 45%

They will have the depreciating stadium costs to come off PSR plus the massive loan payments they have for the stadium.

No Europe this season but the Kane transfer will resolve that.

They also are waiting patiently for a naming rights deal to the stadium as they want the best deal possible.

We are a basket case compared to Spurs.
It’s not a comparison with us that’s the issue. They’re a far better ran outfit than ourselves, and like I said they’ll more than likely be fine.

But, what does it like for the league when such a well run club are still recording loses over the three-year allowance? Add Chelsea and Newcastle.

The rules will be changed to ensure that the PL retains its advantage, certain clubs can compete and the gravy train for executives is sustained.

Thing with city and chelsea woulf they not be charged under the same rules as us. Because of the same time period they have been charged is just the case has not started?

The Premier League doesn't care about punishing Everton or Nottingham Forest. If they relegated the bottom 6 teams and promoted 6 from below each year, it wouldnt impact the TV revenue or the value of the top teams at all. They don't want to punish the top teams because that impacts the value of the league as a whole and the performance of the league in Europe competitions.

We need to make sure we take it with a "Thank you sir!" like forest supposedly did, at first. Get those headpatting points for being well behaved back.