6 + 2 Point Deductions

You know funnily enough, prior to the charge and points deduction, there was an argument that FFP was working correctly for Everton. We'd spent poorly for many years, let our Wages to Turnover ratio get way too high, and as a result we've really had to curtail our spending and operate much more within our means.

Meanwhile, Man Utd have been ran every bit as poorly, spent billions to go sideways at best, have an obscene wage bill, but given the sheer amount of turnover they generate, they can just keep trying spend their way out of trouble. We'd have probably had a few more years of it had the Usmanov tap not been turned off. Or at least the stadium funding would have been secured while we started to spend less on players.

The idea in principle is sound, discourage unsustainable spending, the problem is the top 6's revenues just completely dwarf the other 14.

Even the 70/30 thing that's going to come into place, it won't make it any better. It will just add a harsher wage cap and less spending power to the other 14. I honestly think it will be a closed shop within 5 years.

There was only one set of people intent on highlighting the failings of the Everton board and that was Evertonians, who in many sections of the media were made out to be a brainless angry mob and then later told its not the prem we should be angry at by the same client journos.
The board controlled the narrative in the media and it stunk , they were only interested in what Kenwright & his mates fed them including lambasting the fans.

Now they are gone there's a very noticeable silence in the majority of the press about the fans being right all along , this stinks too.
It's about time this was addressed.

I think the conclusion from the Church Court piece sums it up, earlier it stated that the independence of the commission could be called in to question given the KC is on the PL panel.

The only acceptable outcomes is that Everton is actually compliant, which if the mitigating factors are objectively considered, we will be.

Or that the regulatory process from the PL is flawed.

Either way 10 points should be coming back our way.

Anything less we should be going legal/nuclear…

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpeg
    IMG_4422.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 6
Slippery tory scumbag jordan having a pop at Andy Burnham, he's been performing like a seal for the prem for a while now.
Jordan is all about sensationalism nowadays, just like he was when he was Palace chairman hanging about with miss “tits and teeth” while dressing like an Australian’s nightmare trying to be as big as the footballers he employed. He’s annoyed Tyson Fury and his camp, he writes in the newspaper that supported fascism and professes to be an ITK scholar because he uses some words which have more than 7 letters. He’s out of touch, wrong all the time and is a massive bell, I wouldn’t pay him any attention.
Andy Burnham is an erudite, educated, savvy, finger on the pulse king in comparison. Jordan is almost certainly envious of Andy as Mr Burnham holds far more political and social sway than he could ever dream of and I bet Jordan hates him for it.

I think the conclusion from the Church Court piece sums it up, earlier it stated that the independence of the commission could be called in to question given the KC is on the PL panel.

The only acceptable outcomes is that Everton is actually compliant, which if the mitigating factors are objectively considered, we will be.

Or that the regulatory process from the PL is flawed.

Either way 10 points should be coming back our way.

Anything less we should be going legal/nuclear…
We wouldn’t be compliant even with mitigating factors. We accepted we breached. We argued about how much and argued mitigating factors for the reasons. But we did breach and weren’t compliant regardless.

Mitigating reasons aren’t about making us compliant, they are about us not receiving as harsh a sentence.

We just have to hope Super Silk and his team have raised similar concerns as Yasin Patel did in his article, which was very well written. The possibility of 10 points being returned has risen slightly in mind, but we have to remember that this is Everton

We just have to hope Super Silk and his team have raised similar concerns as Yasin Patel did in his article, which was very well written. The possibility of 10 points being returned has risen slightly in mind, but we have to remember that this is Everton
As somebody else pointed out previously, this isn't a real court of law and we could present the best case in the world and they really can just ignore everything.

My feeling with the arguments raised in that article is that they are maybe too meta to be considered by the appeals tribunal. I'm not sure they'd be expert enough to really understand some of the issues raised, and I'm not sure they'd step in to judge the rules and processes that to some extent created them in the first place.

BUT the issues raised should concern the PL very much because they could provide a pathway for the nuclear option, which is fighting the validity of the entire procedure in the courts instead. That would be the PL's worst nightmare.

Jordan is all about sensationalism nowadays, just like he was when he was Palace chairman hanging about with miss “tits and teeth” while dressing like an Australian’s nightmare trying to be as big as the footballers he employed. He’s annoyed Tyson Fury and his camp, he writes in the newspaper that supported fascism and professes to be an ITK scholar because he uses some words which have more than 7 letters. He’s out of touch, wrong all the time and is a massive bell, I wouldn’t pay him any attention.
Andy Burnham is an erudite, educated, savvy, finger on the pulse king in comparison. Jordan is almost certainly envious of Andy as Mr Burnham holds far more political and social sway than he could ever dream of and I bet Jordan hates him for it.
Typical TalkS**** 'shock jockey' just there to provoke a reaction. He's clearly been well versed.

The fact his career has declined to a shouty talksport gimp says all you need to know about the man and how seriously his opinions should be taken.