6 + 2 Point Deductions

My feeling with the arguments raised in that article is that they are maybe too meta to be considered by the appeals tribunal. I'm not sure they'd be expert enough to really understand some of the issues raised, and I'm not sure they'd step in to judge the rules and processes that to some extent created them in the first place.

BUT the issues raised should concern the PL very much because they could provide a pathway for the nuclear option, which is fighting the validity of the entire procedure in the courts instead. That would be the PL's worst nightmare.
It would be satisfying to see this taken to court, possibly another bargaining tactic in our locker I suppose

As somebody else pointed out previously, this isn't a real court of law and we could present the best case in the world and they really can just ignore everything.
Quite. As they are a private company, my bet is they will double down on their decision and hoping by the time it takes to take it to a higher court the world and football will have moved on.

It would be satisfying to see this taken to court, possibly another bargaining tactic in our locker I suppose
Definitely mate, and in these PL club meetings we should be making it clear we'll go all the way with this. If the clubs get nervous about how far this will drag on they might be telling the PL board to find a way out via negotiation.

I think the conclusion from the Church Court piece sums it up, earlier it stated that the independence of the commission could be called in to question given the KC is on the PL panel.

The only acceptable outcomes is that Everton is actually compliant, which if the mitigating factors are objectively considered, we will be.

Or that the regulatory process from the PL is flawed.

Either way 10 points should be coming back our way.

Anything less we should be going legal/nuclear…
As someone who works very closely to the legal profession this isn’t a comment piece it’s far too detailed and has taken a lot of work. IMO it’s a paid piece of work very deliberately put into the public domain

The threat of legal action here is real especially if we believe people haven’t acted in good faith to their duties. This isn’t a court of law….however those KCs first and foremost are bound by their ethics to the court and not the PL

We wouldn’t be compliant even with mitigating factors. We accepted we breached. We argued about how much and argued mitigating factors for the reasons. But we did breach and weren’t compliant regardless.

Mitigating reasons aren’t about making us compliant, they are about us not receiving as harsh a sentence.
Admitting we breached isn't Admitting we are guilty.. mitigating factors are about becoming compliant.. saying we breached and here is why is a perfectly legitimate argument... say you got caught doing 100mph on the motorway, couldn't you say "yes I was speeding but I had an extremely sick child in the car in need of urgent medical care".. you'll have admitted breaking the rules but have a legitimate mitigating factor for doing so. We were the only club building a stadium, covid and Ukraine hit us much harder than every other side, no question, we wouldn't have breached if we weren't building a stadium the very thing that will make us more sustainable in the future is looked at as having us not sustainable at the moment.

As someone who works very closely to the legal profession this isn’t a comment piece it’s far too detailed and has taken a lot of work. IMO it’s a paid piece of work very deliberately put into the public domain

The threat of legal action here is real especially if we believe people haven’t acted in good faith to their duties. This isn’t a court of law….however those KCs first and foremost are bound by their ethics to the court and not the PL
Hiya mate...any advice in way of a bus crashes? I was on the 82 to Cressington the other day and it slammed on at the lights. I think I've got a touch of whiplash.