6 + 2 Point Deductions

Pinched off another site : The People's Club, apologies to them.

David Philips KC,
Has Leeds United listed on his website as a client.
Stated in May that PL clubs ( including Leeds) could use Everton if found guilty.
Then proceeded to find Everton guilty.
Then helped to decide the penalty. :)
Will now sit on the panel to decide on compensation claims.
Conflict of interest ? What do you think everyone.... and @gwladysnight

You have hit the nail on the head. Where does it end?
Ok let's cut to the chase . Burnley will if they bring a claim alledge that Everton have cheated by breaching the rules on P&S.

But then again a Burnley player , let's say it's Jay Rodriguez throws himself to the floor and gets an outrageous penalty which VAR doesn't correct. Can Burnley be sued?

Can the RS who let's say lose out on the title by z points sue the VAR officials who negligently failed to give the goal v Spurs?

It would open the game to ridicule but that seems to be the way this nonsense is going.

The PL and FA must introduce a rule to that denies litigation as a recourse to it's members. To be Frank I thought they had in the wake of the West Ham / Sheff U dispute but the recent comments of the commission and the decision in May would appear to contradict this.
The thing that is that every player cheats every game, e.g. appealing for throw ins, corners, fouls and penalties even when they know that it should go the other way. Always seeking to get an unfair advantage. Let’s sue, sue and sue again.

Pinched off another site : The People's Club, apologies to them.

David Philips KC,
Has Leeds United listed on his website as a client.
Stated in May that PL clubs ( including Leeds) could use Everton if found guilty.
Then proceeded to find Everton guilty.
Then helped to decide the penalty. :)
Will now sit on the panel to decide on compensation claims.
Conflict of interest ? What do you think everyone.... and @gwladysnight

It's a tough one to contest, he has represented quite a few clubs over the years and sits on boards for the FA and Premier League.

Our legal team clearly had no issues with him on the panel or we could have contested him being on it.

I sadly have no faith whatsoever in the club being able to put in a successful appeal despite all of the evidence that suggests we've been targeted to make an example of and have been far too harshly published. I don't think we have the personnel for it.
If its the same panel sitting for the appeal then i would presume its going to be very difficult to overturn as that would mean they mucked up from the start

Carragher first comment, "what about Man City " to be fair to him one of the first to speak up for Everton, but like most Liverpool fans deep down, it's all about Man City and more * titles.

That's exactly all it's about. Anyone with a rs connection don't for one second be taken in by their "support" for us. It's all about how much can City be screwed over and how many titles could they try and claim for.

They don't give a flying one about Everton FC, it's all about what can they profit from in this situation.

About time he spoke up. They’d have been falling over themselves if it was Liverpool or United.
I kind of feel for a lot of the pundits and former players. Yes, they generally all think 10 points is too much. But they also won’t know the intricacies of the situation. And even if they read the report etc, it still doesn’t help the lay person understand exactly what it all is etc.

So lots of them will be reluctant to say much as they won’t fully understand it. The same way no one seems to, not even the commission.

It's a tough one to contest, he has represented quite a few clubs over the years and sits on boards for the FA and Premier League.

Our legal team clearly had no issues with him on the panel or we could have contested him being on it.

Well then we should have contested him being on that panel, I would have, also lets be honest the West Ham guy on the panel of Tevez/ Macherano fame is not exactly the right character to judge other clubs in my opinion.

Yes I've mentioned this previously that I'd like to know how far in advance Evrrton were told would be on the panel and if they'd done their due diligence on the people who would be making the decisions

I have a feeling that we were told who was on the panel

I have a feeling that we didn't do due diligence because if we did we would have flagged 2 of the people up instantly.

Take a step back and look who was/wasn't running the club the last few months. We were told Kenwright was working right up to the day he went into hospital. What physical and mental state was he in to be in a position of chairman of Everton Football Club? We know Moshiri has basically buried his head in the sand and is just hoping to sell as quickly as possible. What mindset has he been in? Chong has had to go from overseeing the stadium build to then being stand in chairman. CEO and financial director both sacked.

it all stacks up to Everton not being fully prepared for what could happen in the worst possible scenario.

I'm sure they're now currently getting their house in order to appeal and will probably say it's a witch hunt against the club.

Everton deserve a fine no doubt about it, I don't even mind a 2-3 point deduction as long as everyone is treated the same.

The 10 point deduction is laughable but its whether Everton are a strong enough club to not only fight it, but retaliate with strength and swiftness against the Premier League. We've been an easy target for far too long but it's easy to see why when you see who has been in charge and how we've been run.