6 + 2 Point Deductions

But we are being penalised for the amount of our spending, not its profligacy so I’m not sure it’s a relevant point. If we had signed Haaland, Bellingham and Some other stars players for the same amount we would still have breached the rules.
That quite simply isn't true.

If we had signed better players we would have finished higher in the League, received higher merit payments, and would have been featured on TV more. The likelihood is that we would have gone further in the cups and would have earned more prize money. That would have led to better sponsorship deals, less money spent on sacking managers and above all we would have been able to bring in more money from selling players.

Instead, we ignore all that and stamp our feet and shout about none-existent corruption.

Interesting post. I didn't read parts of the report in quite such a damning tone, or at least I don't think our scope of guilt is as broad as that, but I can see broadly speaking why there would be an appetite to penalise us harshly. I don't agree with it whatsoever, but I think your post also highlights that in terms of our appeal, we are operating in a tight space. We've admitted guilt, so while I - along with most fans - want a scorched earth policy against the PL and anyone complicit with their biased incompetence, our legal team are in a far tighter spot where they can't go in all guns blazing if we want to actually succeed in a meaningful reduction to this punishment.
I‘m livid with those running the club. This is an absolute shower of crap from start to finish. Every step is littered with gross incompetence from the club (Moshiri).

How could this ever have happened? Yes, the punishment is way over the top, yes we’re being made an example of for reasons that just …well…..
However, the sheer level of amateurism and incompetence in the report is breathtaking

That quite simply isn't true.

If we had signed better players we would have finished higher in the League, received higher merit payments, and would have been featured on TV more. The likelihood is that we would have gone further in the cups and would have earned more prize money. That would have led to better sponsorship deals, less money spent on sacking managers and above all we would have been able to bring in more money from selling players.

Instead, we ignore all that and stamp our feet and shout about none-existent corruption.

So are we being punished because our players were crap…….

I‘m livid with those running the club. This is an absolute shower of crap from start to finish. Every step is littered with gross incompetence from the club (Moshiri).

How could this ever have happened? Yes, the punishment is way over the top, yes we’re being made an example of for reasons that just …well…..
However, the sheer level of amateurism and incompetence in the report is breathtaking

The past incompetence is so egregious that it is barely describable, and yet we've now been punished via what feels like another form of incompetence, mixed with reckless bias.

The whole thing is an abominable mess on top of an already long-running fiasco. It defeats known vocabulary.

So the FInance Director of a multi-million pound turnover business never once asked why they/he was paying a company in an off-shore tax haven that he had never dealt with before and never asked for an explanation.
If that’s what you want to believe then the whole West Ham corporate governance of FDs not agreeing to sign off of millions of pounds seems ripe for corruption!
They didn't pay anyone in an offshore tax haven.

The companies held a share of the economic rights of Tevez and Mascherano. Deals that were arranged when they were both teenagers.

I'd certainly like to send gwladysnight on a midnight train to Georgia - one way of course.

Tbh Jazzy, I thought you may have agreed with some of what he said in that particular post…putting aside previous posts and views, it seems to be a fairly logical post, though I cba reading the history of his posts….

So are we being punished because our players were crap…….
We are being punished because we gambled that spending 100's of millions of pounds would make us better thus increasing our revenues. The increase in spending didn't result in better performances so resulted in huge losses.

It is those huge losses that we are being punished for.

I'm pretty bored of everybody just shouting OI, RS every time somebody disagrees. It really doesn't help with any conversations. Bit Salem witch trial tbh.

If they were a RS coming on here to wind us up, calling them a RS isn't the zinger you think it is. If they're not a RS though, it's a pretty harsh judgement. Seems wierd to say things that woudl hurt an Evertonian more, on an Everton website.
I fear for you now you said that. But thank you. I appreciate it. Can't wait for the United game so we can start to do something about the situation instead of yapping about it.