6 + 2 Point Deductions

The Guilt is plain to see , I've not seen or heard any sensible person saying otherwise.

It's the mitigating factors that where completely ignored.
To lose the clubs principal sponsor through sanctions on anything Russian brought in by the government is absolutely astounding.
Also for the FA to prohibit player X from playing while his value depreciates til the end of his contract plus still pay his substantial wages is very wrong.

These cannot be just brushed aside like an everyday occurrence they are huge mitigating factors.
Now if these are part of the 2nd sanction I would hope the Super Silk is all over it.

The Guilt is plain to see , I've not seen or heard any sensible person saying otherwise.

It's the mitigating factors that where completely ignored.
To lose the clubs principal sponsor through sanctions on anything Russian brought in by the government is absolutely astounding.
Also for the FA to prohibit player X from playing while his value depreciates til the end of his contract plus still pay his substantial wages is very wrong.

These cannot be just brushed aside like an everyday occurrence they are huge mitigating factors.
Now if these are part of the 2nd sanction I would hope the Super Silk is all over it.
Agreed. While all clubs were affected by COVID we had a double whammy with the war in Ukraine and sanctions. Now of course if Moshiri had been doing things in a sensible and above board way and making the club profitable then we’d have been fine.

But being deducted points for the incompetence of the owner when we gained no material sporting advantage is ridiculous. I mean if anyone wants to claim fielding a team of overpaid, slow and extremely average players as sporting advantage I’d like to see how they justify that. lol

I see you’ve just completely made a situation up and called it a “best case scenario”.

I can do this too.

Best case scenario is we get all of our points back, plus an additional 10 points for the inconvinence, leaving us challenging for European places.
Best case scenario, we get 10 points back plus all of Liverpool's points for when they got us banned from Europe, We get an apology from UEFA foe fixing the draw in 2005 to keep us out and we are granted CL qualification regardless of finishing position for 25 years, the PL admits to changing P&S mid stadium build rules because they want Everton out simply because they don't like us and we are awarded an additional 45 points at the start of every season, Sam Allerdice takes over Liverpool and VVD comes out and says that the Pickford tackle was a great tackle.

Best case scenario, we get 10 points back plus all of Liverpool's points for when they got us banned from Europe, We get an apology from UEFA foe fixing the draw in 2005 to keep us out and we are granted CL qualification regardless of finishing position for 25 years, the PL admits to changing P&S mid stadium build rules because they want Everton out simply because they don't like us and we are awarded an additional 45 points at the start of every season, Sam Allerdice takes over Liverpool and VVD comes out and says that the Pickford tackle was a great tackle.
Ignore everything else apart from that last bit. That would be boss if he just came out and said "look, it's getting pretty boring 3 years later people asking about Pickfords tackle on me when he clearly won the ball. The only thing that really upset me was a goal kick was given when I'm 65% sure it was a corner"

Name the last player to be sacked and sued by his club? I can only think of Adrian mutu at Chelsea.
Yes, Mutu, who was sued by Chelsea and Chelsea were awarded a chunk of money

In May of 2006, Chelsea applied to FIFA for an award of compensation. Initially, FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber (“DRC”) decided it did not have jurisdiction. Chelsea filed action to annul the FIFA decision with the Court of Arbitration for Sport. That court upheld the appeal and sent the matter back to the DRC in May of 2007. Chelsea resubmitted a claim, Mutu submitted a brief, and in May 2008, the DRC issued a decision awarding Chelsea €17,173,990 plus 5% interest per annum. The award's amount corresponds with the unamortized portions of the transfer fee, the signing bonus and the agent's fee.

This was all based upon unamortized fees, which when transferred over to Player X, would mean that we had 12 months of a 5 year fee unamortized, which would be about £10m depending on Agency fees, using Chelsea v Mutu as an example.

The whole thing is just ridiculous. It seems FFP puts salary/spending caps on teams based on what they earn so you have a league that is supposed to be competiative that allows different spending caps. We know its not a real competition but FFP makes it even more unfail

The only mitigating factors I would of mentioned if I were Everton are;

1) The new stadium
2) Sigurdsson
3) Ukraine war
4) Richarlison

1) The new stadium whether paid for out of our owners pocket or not should be the main mitigation. A club trying to move to a better ground to improve their own finances in the long term and improve their sporting position should be allowed to remove all costs from the profit and sustainability. Everton should have supplied Kings Dock and Kirky as evidence that the club have activity been trying to leave Goodison for twenty years. This is not a new thing nor should it be considered a rule break for profit and sustainability because the club have/are trying to create a better stadium which will create jobs, improve a deprived area and be used in future tournaments.

2) Sigurdsson cost Everton around 50m. Upon accusations that he had done something wrong Everton were subsequently told he was not able to play. This therefore affected his book value and Everton’s ability to sell him. It is not unreasonable to assume he would have fetched 15-20m if Everton wanted to sell him. However, the PL said Everton should have sued the player for 10m to cover wages and I imagine a breach of contract of some sort. Everton chose not to go down this route as they put the mental health of the player first. This outlook from the PL and the subsequent commission is completely wrong. The player was an Everton player whom Everton could not play, nor sell, nor chose to sue. Sigurdsson has now been cleared of all charges, does this mean that now we could have played him all along? If so, Everton should sue the PL for their ruling that a player could not play during an investigation when other players such as Anthony at Manchester United are allowed.

3) Everton’s main sponsorship came from Usmanov. Whether this was a front or not does not negate the fact Moshiri passed the ownership test and most clubs have outside investment from various sources. Our training ground was called USM Finch Farm, we had MegaFon plastered on the stadium. The war in Ukraine broke out and sanctioned anyone with money linked to Russia. Roman Abramovich, whom the PL had allowed for years to be the owner of Chelsea without even a wimper, was himself subject to a sanction and Chelsea was sold. One of Everton’s mitigating circumstances was that this war affected a future sponsorship deal for the stadium which would have generated 25m plus per annum. The PL disregarded this as they said ‘nothing was signed’. I would have used Arsenal’s stadium as an example for this circumstance. Nobody get a sponsorship deal signed three years before a stadium’s completion. Arsenal’s stadium was not called the Emirates before they decided to sponsor it for 15 years, but this was not done before a spade was in the ground. This was agreed during the construction. It is unrealistic to say that just because there wasn’t anything signed that the stadium would of been sponsored by one of Usmanov’s subsidiaries. To brush this off as ‘an everyday business occurrence’ and something which ‘businesses have to deal with everyday’ would in essence mean that war’s between countries break out all the time and it’s just unfortunate. Everton lost all funding from Usmanov overnight. This was something which nobody could forsee, if it was, then the PL should of never agreed for us to be taken over by Moshiri whom clearly had a relationship with Usmanov.

4) A Brazilian international striker whom Everton bought for 35m rising to 50m whom we had to sell for as little as 60m due to the FFP situation the club knew it was in/heading towards. This should have proven to the PL that Everton had tried everything possible to get figures down by trading a player for less than what he was worth. Everton had an offer and were in no position to say no. Nottingham Forest’s mitigation in regards to Brennan Johnson will be very interesting to Everton as it’s a similar scenario. Everton knew they could obtain more money for Richarlison but once the offer came in it was almost one which could not be refused. The PL rejected this as they basically agreed that he was sold for what he was worth at the time. Everton said he was worth at least 80m but the PL disagreed. Everton will be monitoring Brennan Johnson’s excuse really carefully as if the PL agree’s with Forest then ultimately Everton will need to take the PL to the highest court in the land.

The other mitigation was poor from Everton but the above imo has traction. I do not understand how any independent comission could have simply said none of these factors are relevant to you over spending of 19.5m. All 4 certainly are.

The only mitigating factors I would of mentioned if I were Everton are;

1) The new stadium
2) Sigurdsson
3) Ukraine war
4) Richarlison

1) The new stadium whether paid for out of our owners pocket or not should be the main mitigation. A club trying to move to a better ground to improve their own finances in the long term and improve their sporting position should be allowed to remove all costs from the profit and sustainability. Everton should have supplied Kings Dock and Kirky as evidence that the club have activity been trying to leave Goodison for twenty years. This is not a new thing nor should it be considered a rule break for profit and sustainability because the club have/are trying to create a better stadium which will create jobs, improve a deprived area and be used in future tournaments.

2) Sigurdsson cost Everton around 50m. Upon accusations that he had done something wrong Everton were subsequently told he was not able to play. This therefore affected his book value and Everton’s ability to sell him. It is not unreasonable to assume he would have fetched 15-20m if Everton wanted to sell him. However, the PL said Everton should have sued the player for 10m to cover wages and I imagine a breach of contract of some sort. Everton chose not to go down this route as they put the mental health of the player first. This outlook from the PL and the subsequent commission is completely wrong. The player was an Everton player whom Everton could not play, nor sell, nor chose to sue. Sigurdsson has now been cleared of all charges, does this mean that now we could have played him all along? If so, Everton should sue the PL for their ruling that a player could not play during an investigation when other players such as Anthony at Manchester United are allowed.

3) Everton’s main sponsorship came from Usmanov. Whether this was a front or not does not negate the fact Moshiri passed the ownership test and most clubs have outside investment from various sources. Our training ground was called USM Finch Farm, we had MegaFon plastered on the stadium. The war in Ukraine broke out and sanctioned anyone with money linked to Russia. Roman Abramovich, whom the PL had allowed for years to be the owner of Chelsea without even a wimper, was himself subject to a sanction and Chelsea was sold. One of Everton’s mitigating circumstances was that this war affected a future sponsorship deal for the stadium which would have generated 25m plus per annum. The PL disregarded this as they said ‘nothing was signed’. I would have used Arsenal’s stadium as an example for this circumstance. Nobody get a sponsorship deal signed three years before a stadium’s completion. Arsenal’s stadium was not called the Emirates before they decided to sponsor it for 15 years, but this was not done before a spade was in the ground. This was agreed during the construction. It is unrealistic to say that just because there wasn’t anything signed that the stadium would of been sponsored by one of Usmanov’s subsidiaries. To brush this off as ‘an everyday business occurrence’ and something which ‘businesses have to deal with everyday’ would in essence mean that war’s between countries break out all the time and it’s just unfortunate. Everton lost all funding from Usmanov overnight. This was something which nobody could forsee, if it was, then the PL should of never agreed for us to be taken over by Moshiri whom clearly had a relationship with Usmanov.

4) A Brazilian international striker whom Everton bought for 35m rising to 50m whom we had to sell for as little as 60m due to the FFP situation the club knew it was in/heading towards. This should have proven to the PL that Everton had tried everything possible to get figures down by trading a player for less than what he was worth. Everton had an offer and were in no position to say no. Nottingham Forest’s mitigation in regards to Brennan Johnson will be very interesting to Everton as it’s a similar scenario. Everton knew they could obtain more money for Richarlison but once the offer came in it was almost one which could not be refused. The PL rejected this as they basically agreed that he was sold for what he was worth at the time. Everton said he was worth at least 80m but the PL disagreed. Everton will be monitoring Brennan Johnson’s excuse really carefully as if the PL agree’s with Forest then ultimately Everton will need to take the PL to the highest court in the land.

The other mitigation was poor from Everton but the above imo has traction. I do not understand how any independent comission could have simply said none of these factors are relevant to you over spending of 19.5m. All 4 certainly are.

the highest court and yet we’re struggling to stay afloat

ah ye

I think there's two articles that provide differing opinions, reflecting whether it's Everton that has messed up, we're guilty, and it's just the mitigation and tarrif of punishment, or, that there's something fishy with what's going on at the PL and that's why very big names like MP's are asking questions. No one will disagree that
the club has messed up but the whole PSR is being brought in to question and the antics of Richard Masters, is being uncovered. That's more than relevant.