6 + 2 Point Deductions

One of the major points of PSR is to stop badly run clubs from entering administration and gaining a sporting advantage by dumping debt and starting again.
I understand what PSR is supposed to do but you have not answered my question.
The PL rule book states clubs that go into administration will be deducted 9 points.
The PL rule book does not have any sanctions for clubs that breach PSR but are not in administration.
Do you think Everton should have a bigger points deduction than that given for clubs that go into administration?

No he didn't.
Everton’s understandable desire to improve its on-pitch performance (to replace the
non-existent midfield, as Mr Moshiri put it in evidence) led it to take chances
with its PSR position: those chances resulted in it exceeding the £105 million
threshold by £19.5 million.

The position that Everton finds itself in is of its own making – it is Everton’s
responsibility to ensure that it complies with the PSR regime. The excess
over the threshold is significant. The consequence is that Everton’s
culpability is great.

Everton’s understandable desire to improve its on-pitch performance (to replace the

The position that Everton finds itself in is of its own making – it is Everton’s
culpability is great.
Is Everton’s culpability and punishment worse than that of a club that goes into administration?

culpability is great.

Yet they also say, in black and white, that it wasn't a deliberate breach.

So, effectively breaching PSR on a much bigger scale then, yes?
Seems to me that a lot of people think that losing £105 million every three years is an acceptable way to run a football club. Try doing that lower down the leagues and see where you get. It astonishes me that this threshold is seen as entirely normal and acceptable. Coming from a business environment, I'm puzzled by this as it seems ridiculous that you can continually be sanctioned to lose this amount of money.

Is Everton’s culpability and punishment worse than that of a club that goes into administration?
It is at Premier League level where you only lose 9 pts. It is the same punishment you'd receive at Championship level or lower. I'd say, in general, that Premier League teams should be held to a higher standard. However, that standard needs to be set before play commences and not come along in an arbitrary way like this appears to have done in our case.

Also, @gwladysnight what's your opinion on them rejecting the effect the Ukraine war had on our finances as mitigation?

Genuinely interested, as it's not something I've seen you touch upon, which is strange, because I think it's perhaps the biggest mitigation there is. I've seen you have opinions on Player X, but not this.

Seems to me that a lot of people think that losing £105 million every three years is an acceptable way to run a football club. Try doing that lower down the leagues and see where you get. It astonishes me that this threshold is seen as entirely normal and acceptable. Coming from a business environment, I'm puzzled by this as it seems ridiculous that you can continually be sanctioned to lose this amount of money.

so being punished for struggling basically?

I understand what PSR is supposed to do but you have not answered my question.
The PL rule book states clubs that go into administration will be deducted 9 points.
The PL rule book does not have any sanctions for clubs that breach PSR but are not in administration.
Do you think Everton should have a bigger points deduction than that given for clubs that go into administration?
The IC's verdict was that Everton had acted recklessly by continuing to sign players even though we knew we had huge PSR issues. The IC's verdict was that we had misled the Premier League over Stadium funding.

The IC made clear that both the PL and EFL have a starting point that significant breaches of PSR mean a points deduction.

The biggest thing is that the way PL PSR works is that it is almost impossible to accidentally breach them. You have to act in a reckless manner.