5th signing of the summer - your prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody.

Doesn't seem to be any outgoings, despite John Heitinga entering the last year of his contract, so we've little money for anyone to come in I would assume.

The club has renewed the Vibrac mortgage again, so money issues don't appear to have eased despite the fabled TV increases.

Wigan's Shaun Maloney (30) is just 2/1 for a transfer to Everton before the window closes on 3rd September. (Loan deals don't count) on a betting website I just checked with.

I wouldn't bet on it myself, especially when it's only 2/1 and no solid reasons to think it really will happen, but I do hope that 2/1 means it's likely.

Nearest rival club for his signature at 8/1. There's a lot I like about him. I daren't give all the reasons I think he'd be good for Everton, in case that scuppers a possible deal, at a reasonable price, before window closes.

Last edited:
twitter rumour...

Antoine Griezmann - 22 year old French lad playing for Real Sociedad - Left Winger/Striker

i) they are in the champions league, and could easily get back in there again this season given the chaos in spanish football (if ever there was an example of a club going bust at the right time, its them)
ii) there is no way in a million years we would ever be able to afford him, both in terms of fee and wages
iii) he is boss though

Wigan's Shaun Maloney (30) is just 2/1 for a transfer to Everton before the window closes on 3rd September. (Loan deals don't count) on a betting website I just checked with.

I wouldn't bet on it myself, especially when it's only 2/1 and no solid reasons to think it really will happen, but I do hope that 2/1 means it's likely.

Nearest rival club for his signature at 8/1. There's a lot I like about him. I daren't give all the reasons I think he'd be good for Everton, in case that scuppers a possible deal, at a reasonable price, before window closes.

Could be decent alongside Jelavic, could feed off him really well.

A player Everton lack at the minute, someone who'll run in behind. Partnered with the creativity of Pienaar and Barkley (if he gets a chance) as well as Fellaini that's fairly formidable.

Think it would bring the best out of Jelavic.

Could be decent alongside Jelavic, could feed off him really well.

That was what I was thinking, and agree with your point about getting better service to Jelavic, to get the most out of him. Think Martinez will get the best out of Jelavic. Jelavic looking really confident again in pre-season.

My hope about signing Shaun Maloney taken a big knock from a different story of today, although fair play to him. Integrity honest hard-worker and moments of real creativity.

Unless Wigan can be tempted with a fair offer before the window closes.

Maloney ready to snub Premier League return to stay with Wigan
By Eurosport | Desmond Kane – 14 hours ago

"I think I will be staying with Wigan," said Maloney. "I think towards the end of last season it was pretty uncertain what my future would be, but I am enjoying my football where I am."

"Of course, I will miss the buzz of competing against the top players in the Premier League, but I also played in every game last season.

"I feel it is my job to help to get the club back up this season."

That was what I was thinking, and agree with your point about getting better service to Jelavic, to get the most out of him. Think Martinez will get the best out of Jelavic. Jelavic looking really confident again in pre-season.

My hope about signing Shaun Maloney taken a big knock from a different story of today, although fair play to him. Integrity honest hard-worker and moments of real creativity.

Unless Wigan can be tempted with a fair offer before the window closes.

Do you have the ability to switch off and turn into normal mode?

Not a bad shout, well spotted - said it before and ill say it again, Maloney would be a good signing he's been a quality player (Wigan's best) for 18 months now

Gareth Barry?????????:

The odds on Everton signing Gareth Barry have plummeted from 40/1 to 1/3 following a run of bets last night, amid suggestions of the Manchester City midfielder making a loan move to Goodison Park.
by @SkyTimClement 10:23 PM

he's been at that price for about a month though. doesn't really mean anything, he could be very happy to stay at wigan, those odds don't indicate he will move to us; they just say, that if he were to leave, we'd be the most likely destination

Status
Not open for further replies.