4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll drop points at some point. Just have to hope Arsenal, Spurs and United do as well

This. And they will too.

All this "Arsenal will win their remaining games so we need to win all of ours" - neither of those things is going to happen.

I could see Arsenal winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 1 for example. Not saying that's exactly how it'll pan out but I think it's realistic.

Top teams playing bottom teams is never a given - see Chelsea at Villa.

This. And they will too.

All this "Arsenal will win their remaining games so we need to win all of ours" - neither of those things is going to happen.

I could see Arsenal winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 1 for example. Not saying that's exactly how it'll pan out but I think it's realistic.

Top teams playing bottom teams is never a given - see Chelsea at Villa.

Got the feeling at this stage of the season mate, Martinez's own experience with how hard relegation threatened teams can battlewill help keep the team away from complacency big time

Got the feeling at this stage of the season mate, Martinez's own experience with how hard relegation threatened teams can battlewill help keep the team away from complacency big time

Good point that, hope that proves to be the case on Sunday. Arsenal are the complacent kind too - I'm pretty confident they'll mess up in one, if not two games.

If we beat Sunderland convincingly on Sunday I'm gonna start to get very excited.

Good point that, hope that proves to be the case on Sunday. Arsenal are the complacent kind too - I'm pretty confident they'll mess up in one, if not two games.

If we beat Sunderland convincingly on Sunday I'm gonna start to get very excited.
What are you going to do when we beat them on SATURDAY?

It's going to take us to win all our remaining games, simple as that. Think like that and we can't go wrong :)

I'm really wondering how long term Bobby was thinking in January. He obviously didn't sign McGeady and Traore expecting them to make immediate impacts, perhaps he thinks they will be big important to our final push?

If we end this season winning 33-34 out of 36 points, which I think will be necessary to keep out Arsenal and Spurs (who both have painfully easy run-ins), we well and truly deserve 4th. Basically we need to continue playing with the mentality of a Champions League caliber team - the type of team that looks upon a group stage exit as a dissapointment - if we're going to do this. COYB!

I'm really wondering how long term Bobby was thinking in January. He obviously didn't sign McGeady and Traore expecting them to make immediate impacts, perhaps he thinks they will be big important to our final push?

If we end this season winning 33-34 out of 36 points, which I think will be necessary to keep out Arsenal and Spurs (who both have painfully easy run-ins), we well and truly deserve 4th. Basically we need to continue playing with the mentality of a Champions League caliber team - the type of team that looks upon a group stage exit as a dissapointment - if we're going to do this. COYB!

Why does nearly everyone insist that Spurs have a very easy run in for? I know the media keep saying it but it doesn't make it true.

West Brom (away) not an easy place to go and win (only lost 5 out of 16 this season at the Hawthorns)
Fulham (home) pretty easy win
Stoke (away) 6th best home record in the league (lost twice all year at home to the rs last loss before that against Norwich in September)
West Ham (away) London derby and battered spurs 3-0 at WHL earlier in the season
Aston Villa (home) better away team than home by miles (only lost 6 times in 16 on the road)

Spurs will definitely drop points against Stoke and very likely to against West Ham and West Brom too, only certain games looks to be Fulham and maybe Villa with Benteke out injured, expect them to get between 7-9 points out their last 5 max really

Throw in the fact spurs have amassed an amazing 15 goals at home in the 15 games before the Sunderland one and i wouldn't serious start panicking like their gonna start blitzing teams lol

The only worry of dropping points I have is Man City at home, they have an unbelievably squad now and have Aguero back, they'll also be combating heavily for the league meaning Pelligrini will be making them play for their lives . We can how ever beat anyone on our day and if we're still on a running streak at that point then hopefully we'll get something

Status
Not open for further replies.