4 Seperate Minutes applause for Kendall on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree very much with all the posts here.

There was a brilliant tribute in the United game last year, we've named a stand after him and are in the process of building a statue.

These constant minute applauses are really starting to cheapen the whole thing completely. But 4 in 1 game is just crass, and Howard really would have laughed at shoehorning in things like "the 35th minute because that was his age when he became manager the first time round".

Why don't we just chant, shout and boo the opposition and the ref for 95 of the 90 minutes? That would be a fitting tribute.

Seriously starting to do my head in all this. It got to the point where Newcastle were offended that we never joined in with them FFS.

If it needs the orchestration of the club for us to applaud and make a noise to be seen to appreciate one of our greatest Evertonians, then really, why do we bother?

The club get plenty right, and Last year was one of those times, they to a point, let people take in the news in their own time and allowed space for each to grieve on their own. This is the way it should stay in my humble opinion. We are 12 months on from something that hurt the club and many, many of its fans and former employees emotionally, we do not need to be reminded of it and certainly not prompted to do so.

People can clap whenever they want, it is your way of remembering the man and all that he did for us. If you want to, do it in the car, do it at home, by all means do it at the ground, but if your only doing because the club and NSNO asked you to, then it seems to me far to in-sincere.

4 seems too much. Especially as we have named a stand after him also.

Plus if this is to top last year then where does it end? 90 full minutes of applause?

Perhaps a fitting tribute would be the game dedicated to him? Clap on one minute, but just have in an annual thing, one game at home a year where we celebrate not just howard but every great at the club? A memorial day so to speak but make it a celebration so all the young blues can be involved and know their history, to borrow a line.

This is a good idea

I don't want to annoy anyone but 4 separate rounds of applause throughout the game seems ridiculous

Social media driven nonsense, Kendall deserves all our respect and black armbands for the players and 3 points is enough to honour him .

The amount of helmets on social media who find the time to out do each other over things like this does my head in .
Yup completely agree. It's at the stage now where you're made to feel bad for not going along with it. Like a few have have already alluded to, I think the great man would be very embarrassed by all of this.

The Club are meant to be honouring before the game on the screens and while we as fans can obviously do more, four occasions of applause is really overdoing it.

I can't imagine there are many fans that think this is a good idea? Which is going to make the whole thing quite awkward on Sunday

He'd find it a bit OTT himself.

A testimonial in his honour this summer would've been a fine thing, even if he did have a living one about 10 years ago vs Bilbao.

I was thinking about this the other day, we should host a pre-season Kendall memorial cup each summer. Invite specific teams to it based on qualities like tradition, family values and such.

I think a format similar to when we have four teams playing over two days, just something to bring clubs and its fans together, in the name of a manager who played a huge part in making us relevant to the European stage (although we should still be there).

A minutes applause is fine as a simple gesture, for those that wish to partake, anything beyond that is overkill. Too much is worse than not at all.

I think the last 4 games we have played there has been one, The one at City i noticed some Evertonins joined in but had no idea what it was for?

I forgot about that. I think I felt compelled to join in, but still couldn't tell you what it was about.

Yeah I did as well but only because of how well Boro observed one of ours a few weeks earlier I felt it was right I should do the same for someone even thou I have no idea who.

I think the last 4 games we have played there has been one, The one at City i noticed some Evertonins joined in but had no idea what it was for?

A Citeh supporter died ( of a heart attack ? ) not long after playing footie with his mates. He was twenty something, hence the minutes applause in the 20 somethingth minute.

On Kendall. This year, a minutes applause on 4 minutes is a nice touch, but just on the 4th minute and just this year, and then lets put it bed.

NSNO and subsequently the club have suggested a minutes applause on 4 minutes, 35 minutes, 67 minutes & 84 minutes.

It's a sensitive subject but I think a club organised tribute before and during half time with a minutes applause during the game is a fitting tribute.

4 different minutes seems a bit crass though.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/10/25/kendall-tributes-at-west-ham-game

Seriously?

This is just mad.

I have to be honest and say I hate these "minutes of applause" during the match with a passion.

But four in one game?

Stone the flaming crows.

Why can't we just have a minute's applause before the game and be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.