4 Seperate Minutes applause for Kendall on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSNO and subsequently the club have suggested a minutes applause on 4 minutes, 35 minutes, 67 minutes & 84 minutes.

It's a sensitive subject but I think a club organised tribute before and during half time with a minutes applause during the game is a fitting tribute.

4 different minutes seems a bit crass though.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/10/25/kendall-tributes-at-west-ham-game

It's a tough one really, as there isn't really anything " fitting " enough for a true Everton legend like Kendal.

I'm sick to death of every single game turning into a memorial clap for somebody.

We go the game to escape the harshness of reality outside of Goodison and take comfort in 90 minutes of letting go of life's problems.

We did a memorial to our greatest manager last season when he died. Do we really need to do another one?

Perhaps something at half time, a collage of his success at Everton would be more fitting.

It isn't just Everton turning into this, it is every game at every ground we have to observe an applause for something or other.

Let's get it back to why we go there - to watch football.

Maybe this is a controversial opinion, but I have heard plenty of others express the same views.

He'd find it a bit OTT himself.

A testimonial in his honour this summer would've been a fine thing, even if he did have a living one about 10 years ago vs Bilbao.

I'm sick to death of every single game turning into a memorial clap for somebody.

We go the game to escape the harshness of reality outside of Goodison and take comfort in 90 minutes of letting go of life's problems.

We did a memorial to our greatest manager last season when he died. Do we really need to do another one?

Perhaps something at half time, a collage of his success at Everton would be more fitting.

It isn't just Everton turning into this, it is every game at every ground we have to observe an applause for something or other.

Maybe this is a controversial opinion, but I have heard plenty of others express the same views.

Agree fully with this. Its all a bit mawkish and weird.

I have no problem with a minutes applause on four minutes on Sunday in memory of Howard Kendall... however, and at the risk of potentially alienating myself, I think further applause on 35, 67 and 84 minutes is tantamount to overkill.

Last season, all Evertonians (and even Manu fans) were stunned at the news of his passing and the game against Manu became largely a non-event due to the sorrow that enveloped Goodison Park.

Twelve months on, we should without any doubt honour HK, but I honestly feel that the great man himself would want the supporters to then concentrate on the game, get behind the team and do whatever we can to ensure three points are taken from West Ham.

Agree with a lot of this.

Also, what if we're getting battered ?

Are we still supposed to clap ?

Or if we bring on Kone after 84 mins, are we supposed to clap then ?

4 seems too much. Especially as we have named a stand after him also.

Plus if this is to top last year then where does it end? 90 full minutes of applause?

Perhaps a fitting tribute would be the game dedicated to him? Clap on one minute, but just have in an annual thing, one game at home a year where we celebrate not just howard but every great at the club? A memorial day so to speak but make it a celebration so all the young blues can be involved and know their history, to borrow a line.

There is always some sort of social media campaign for us to applaud somebody's death.

It has gone way too far now.

Every game is morbid.

Death is apart of life, sadly. It will eventually lead to clapping every single Everyonian's death if we carry on at this rate.

lol just thought, niasse getting a run out, hearing the applause at the same time and him then thinking it is for him and he never leaves.

Obviously he does nothing after coming on also.

Status
Not open for further replies.