30 min walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyney

Player Valuation: £35m
Now please I do not want to start another thread about Kirkby .and this is not trying to stir it up but its claimed on another site that parking in Kirkby means EVERYONE has to walk for about 30 minutes to reach the ground as that is beyond my capabilities I'm concerned so does any one know for sure or is it bull as I say I dont want a debate just trying to put my mind at rest thanks.

i read 90 mins, you can walk from goodison in that time, maybe it's going to be a public transport venue like wembley. when i went to the 1st game i rang to enquire about parking and was told that it was public transport only, i replied with "ill just hop on the tube at the end of the street should i " the train to london wouldve been about £240 and the tube another £30 or so for 5 people, we went in the car and booked the carpark (next to the stadium) by claiming we were going to see lionel ritchie on the night, "oh what a feeling". why cant they have a carpark under the stadium in kirkby ? or do we have to go into tesco for a paper to get parking ? will the events thast the coouncil hold there have parking ?
lots of questions.............no answers.

Now please I do not want to start another thread about Kirkby .and this is not trying to stir it up but its claimed on another site that parking in Kirkby means EVERYONE has to walk for about 30 minutes to reach the ground as that is beyond my capabilities I'm concerned so does any one know for sure or is it bull as I say I dont want a debate just trying to put my mind at rest thanks.

Or walk 5 mins down the road to east lancs and a lovely shiny black cab will await the masses.

i read 90 mins, you can walk from goodison in that time, maybe it's going to be a public transport venue like wembley. when i went to the 1st game i rang to enquire about parking and was told that it was public transport only, i replied with "ill just hop on the tube at the end of the street should i " the train to london wouldve been about £240 and the tube another £30 or so for 5 people, we went in the car and booked the carpark (next to the stadium) by claiming we were going to see lionel ritchie on the night, "oh what a feeling". why cant they have a carpark under the stadium in kirkby ? or do we have to go into tesco for a paper to get parking ? will the events thast the coouncil hold there have parking ?

im afraid thats a load of b#llocks

i live in kirkby and i went to school on the very patch of land that evertons proposed new ground is going to be, i even remember beating our teachers 2-1 in a teacher-pupil footy match on the field there... good times.

anyway i can tell you for certain that there is plenty of parking available within 10 minutes walk (including a multi storey car park) of the new stadium. & im sure with the development and growth of kirkby town centre there will be even more space made available for a huge ass car parking facility.

l ;)

Cheer mate I have always been against it any way but after reading on toffeeweb about the parking situation I was suprised as much as I hate themove I thought the parking would be better here I am saying I might not go and all the time they dont want melol

Or walk 5 mins down the road to east lancs and a lovely shiny black cab will await the masses.
thats great if you can walk mate it takes all my efforts to get through the turnstile and in my seat or to please you shall I have a quick hearts transplant I suggest you think befor making insesitive posts ,do you ever think before posting that some of our fans two on here as well as me have mobility problems

thats great if you can walk mate it takes all my efforts to get through the turnstile and in my seat or to please you shall I have a quick hearts transplant I suggest you think befor making insesitive posts ,do you ever think before posting that some of our fans two on here as well as me have mobility problems

Where do you park at GP mate?

i live in kirkby and i went to school on the very patch of land that evertons proposed new ground is going to be, i even remember beating our teachers 2-1 in a teacher-pupil footy match on the field there... good times.

anyway i can tell you for certain that there is plenty of parking available within 10 minutes walk (including a multi storey car park) of the new stadium. & im sure with the development and growth of kirkby town centre there will be even more space made available for a huge ass car parking facility.

l ;)
Thats still to far for me mate would it be possible to get a car nearer not park just get dropped off cheers;)

lollollol

Who said that?

Absolute bollocks mate ;) Believe me.

Parking will be a hell of a lot closer at Kirkby than Goodison.

Its basically sat on a retail park, and much closer to Kirkby train station that Goodison is to Kirkdale.

Thats still to far for me mate would it be possible to get a car nearer not park just get dropped off cheers;)

I would imagine that with all the new government regulations concerning disabled access, that you will be able to be dropped off nearer to the ground than you do now

l ;)

only repeating what i read, wether or not its bollocks or not i dont know.

anyway i can tell you for certain that there is plenty of parking available within 10 minutes walk (including a multi storey car park) of the new stadium.
& im sure with the development and growth of kirkby town centre there will be even more space made available for a huge ass car parking facility.

l ;)

Probably a multi storey which will charge you 7 quid for 2 hours.

They really haven't thought this through really, they just expect to build a stadium and hope everyone turns up on the day of a match.

Christ almighty Cal lol

How you can criticise driving and parking to Kirkby is beyond me. You clearly have never been to Kirkby mate ;), the East Lancs to the site would cost about £2 quid in a taxi.

The parking at Goodison is horrendous. Its about a fiver to get some scally to 'mind your car', then you have to wait about half an hour to get out of a gate. I literally did once.

Accessibility and parking is the least concern with regards to Kirkby in my opinion. No doubt me an Chris will be moaning about not being able to park outside ours if it goes ahead though.... lol

You dont agree with Kirkby, which is fair enough. But dont try and look for some negativity with every aspect. Its not all bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.