3 Things which we have learnt in 2012 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. We can play attractive attacking football
2. Coleman can play RB (and is actually good)
3. Vellios is still sexy even with a bad haircut

not really a sensible thread if you really look at it. He's said 2012 as a whole, yet really only looked at the past 3 months or so.

1. Heitinga proved turn of the year until may that he was unreal at centre back, winning player of the year in the process. So over the whole of 2012 he's had half good half not so good.

2. Naismith Neville and Hitzleberger in midfield are hardly bad, put in there Anichebe as well and it's not a bad squad at all.

3. Jelavic hasn't ever been playing poorly, take today for example, he was absolute class with vic alongside him or on the left, just mightily unlucky.

And as for not many goalscoreres, Jalavic, Fellaini, Mirallas, Naismith, Osman, Pienaar all come in with a fair few not to mention Baines' contribution.

I feel that this thread is a knee jerk reaction off the back of one not so great result in a game we dominated. If you really want three things that we've learnt from the past few months, which this thread is really aimed at as opposed to the whole year, i'd say that; 1. we can't hold out a lead, 2. we need to learn that keeping clean sheets is just as important as playing expansive attacking football, and 3. that if we carry on the way we have been we're more than capable of finishing top 4.

1 -- Well Heitinga has proved that he's amazing once every 2 seasons....so half the time he's useless and the other half amazing. You cant have inconsistent centre backs.

2 -- Naismith, Neville and Hitzlsperger with ANichebe thrown in arent hardly bad ?? Thats right, they're worse.

3 -- Jelavic is not compatible with Anichebe, more like Velios.

I'm not sure how Osman or Pienaar could ever be classed as slotting a fair few....Osman misses 9/10 chances and Pienaar rarely gets a goal.

Otherwise as for a reaction to a game -- it's you whose brought up a match in this thread...no-one else.

1. we're better with coleman at RB
2. Heitinga has turned gash
3. We need a new new no.1 keeper sharpish

Agree with all that but Heitinga was like this before as well....goes through seasonal patches it seems.

Coleman is turning great

1. Not only is Moyes's eye for a bargain as good as ever, he can produce a team that plays great attacking football.
2. Anichebe knows where the goal is.
3. Fellaini is frigging awesome, but you know what, we can still thrive without him.

1. Coleman actually cuts it
2. People who said Cahill was keeping us back were correct
3. Big Vic is actually cuts it
4. Moyes knows what he is doing
5. Howard is past it

1.Anichebes goals per minutes record speaks for its self
2. Every January/ summer when people put there best xi in Osman is left out, but plays every game because he is better than people think
3. We can throw hundreds of names around regarding quality signings but who honestly thought jèlavic, Gibson and mirales would be as good as they are, for 1 joe 'xavi' Allen you can buy 30 darron gibsons

Agree with all that but Heitinga was like this before as well....goes through seasonal patches it seems.

Coleman is turning great

true, i was very happy when we bought him. but only last season has he showed what he can be, sadly we were hoping he'd keep it up. maybe he's a fairly gash player overall and just turned good for one season?

....1) Everton have become a very decent side. When everybody is fit we can match up against the best. 2) We don't have strength in depth so sustaining a challenge for top four is unrealistic. 3) Moyes is a very astute market dealer, Miralas purchase is an illustration of his shrewdness.

The one thing that remains unknown is why still no investment.

1. Not only is Moyes's eye for a bargain as good as ever, he can produce a team that plays great attacking football.
2. Anichebe knows where the goal is.
3. Fellaini is frigging awesome, but you know what, we can still thrive without him.

Dangerously positive comments.

1.) Mirallas is like an ice sculpture. He's downright beautiful and fancy and impressive, but he breaks very easily and can only be out in the open for short periods at a time.

2.) Osman is a fantastic footballer when played centrally -- although most of us already knew this.

3.) Neiler was right all along.

1. I've got me a big ol' [Poor language removed] and boy do I know how to use it.
2. Osman was fully deserved of his England call up.
3. If teflon is non-stick, how do they stick it to the pan?

1. The Gym is a harsh mistress
2. Condoms are your friend
3. the "30 min" cycle on the washing machine is an actual life saver.

Edit : I now see this is Everton related.......oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.