3 of the Best Everton home and away games you went too ...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home: 2-0 vs Liverpool, 1994/95; 1-0 vs Liverpool, 2004/05; 1-0 vs United 2004/05

Away: 0-2 vs Tottenham, 2006/07; 0-2 vs Wolfsburg, 2014/15; 1-4 vs Young Boys, 2014/15

Sheff We’d 5-2 1996 we’d have beaten them with just Kanchelskis on the pitch that day

Leeds 1-0 2002 Rooney got rid of 50 years of nothing at that ground in one breathtaking moment

Man Utd 1-0 2005 I can’t describe the anger and hostility in goodison that night ,United just Wilted in this absolute bear pit

Quite hard to narrow this down but
Home
Bayern for the atmosphere and the game
Liverpool Andy king. We went mad
Utd 5-0 we knew we were a special team

Away
Spurs 2-1 to basically seal the league
Utd 3 -0 league cup in the 70s
Liverpool sharps goal
Exactly the same home games I would choose
Away
Sharpy derby kop end
Utd away league cup 3.0 kingy got 2
Villa away league cup 2nd leg

Home - Everton 2 - RS 0 - 1994 - Big Joe's first game
Everton 1 - Man Utd 0 - 1995 - Dunc's pasty frame celebration
Everton 7 - Southampton 1 - Speeds hat-trick

Away - Man City 2 - Everton 5 - 1993 - Peter Reid is an Evertonian….

Home.

Could go for three different ones entirely but...

1) Everton 1-0 Man Utd April 2005. Pivotal game game in our battle with Liverpool for 4th. Still the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Goodison. Real tasty United side we turned over with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy, Scholes, Keane etc.
2) Everton 2-1 Liverpool December 1992. Late Beardsley winner against the club which binned him off, he certainly didn't refuse to celebrate against his old club. Only time we've come from behind to win a derby since the World War 2.
3) Everton 3-2 Wimbledon May 1994. Shouldn't even have been at this game as me and a mate saw the huge queue for the Gwladys and disgracefully pushed in. Edges out the Rooney Arsenal goal game.

Away

I've a terrible record in games I've been to outside Goodison so hardly have a huge choice...

1) Liverpool 0-1 Everton September 1999. Was at our last win over at the tinmine. I remember having a right moan when it was announced we'd be kept in for 20 minutes after the game but it turned out to be great having a sing song on their patch having just turned them over.
2) Watford 1-2 Everton January 2001. FA Cup 3rd round tie. Pure ecstasy in the away end after a peach of a free kick from Stephen Hughes with just a few minutes left and then a diving header from Steve Watson in stoppage time rescued us after we'd trailed to Watford, then in the lower leagues, for most of the game. We went ballistic at those two goals. Memorable for me as I had my first ever Gary Ablett when I got back that night.
3) Man Utd 0-0 Everton April 2009. Possibly the worst ever FA Cup semi final. 120 minutes of total garbage. I was knackered as I'd barely slept the night before and that game hardly perked me up. Only ever seen the penalties since as I refused to watch the game itself again.
Ha ha . I was at that Watford game mate. The Watford fans were going mental when we scored that late goal then the police started filming all the Everton fans. Brilliant day.

Home) Arsenal 6-1, 85/86 my first season ticket year as kid.
Liverpool 1-0 87/88 unbeaten record ended.
Newcastle 95 fa cup quarters ,had a feeling it was our year after that.
Away) Anfeld 84, Sharpie.
Spurs 84/85, title almost clinched.
Elland Road 95 semi v Spurs, nobody gave us a hope

Can't find a vid of the 6-1 against Arsenal. Anyone find some footage of that?

Sheff We’d 5-2 1996 we’d have beaten them with just Kanchelskis on the pitch that day

Leeds 1-0 2002 Rooney got rid of 50 years of nothing at that ground in one breathtaking moment

Man Utd 1-0 2005 I can’t describe the anger and hostility in goodison that night ,United just Wilted in this absolute bear pit

I was at the Leeds away game. That Rooney goal was probably the best one from his early days with us. The feeling amongst the fans that day that day was amazing. He was always going to score. Everyone just knew it.

Homes for me, 6 nil vs Chelsea (Bobby Latchford) last game of the season.
Andy King derby.
Bayern munich, euro semi final at Goodison (won't see one again)
Aways is hard but I went for Sittard, my second time ever abroad I hitchhiked on my own. What an adventure and we won. Semi vs Spurs, (Ammo, Ammo)
Nuremberg how we came out with a 0_2??
Aftermatch party with Evertonians every were Brillant

Home:1:the Kingy Derby 1978,2:Bayern 1985,3:QPR 1985 in that order.
Away:1:Spurs 1985,2:Sharpy Derby 1984,3:Norwich 1987 in that order.
Haven't included FA Cup Semi Finals or Finals as aways!!!

Great games Dario as said missed a number of games due to emigrating but the Gwladys Street End was rocking for the King Derby match !

I am waiting impatiently , for @Joey66 on his 3 games H&A must be some cracking ones ? lol

Great games Dario as said missed a number of games due to emigrating but the Gwladys Street End was rocking for the King Derby match !

I am waiting impatiently , for @Joey66 on his 3 games H&A must be some cracking ones ? lol
My best games away - our 2-0 win at Anfield 1970 stood on the Kop end aged 15 years old - my first away game Bolton away aged 6 yrs old with my late father holding me on a barrier at the old Burden park won 2-0 1963- Leeds away 1968 beaten 2-1 when my hero Joe scored the best diving header ever in 1968 I think...
Home games WBA 1970 lifting the title - Chelsea at home same season beat them 5-1 - Leeds that season they came on a long unbeaten run we beat them 3-2 - my hero -Joe scoring two,......
Most favourite away ground Wolves in their old spion Kop.........

My best games away - our 2-0 win at Anfield 1970 stood on the Kop end aged 15 years old - my first away game Bolton away aged 6 yrs old with my late father holding me on a barrier at the old Burden park won 2-0 1963- Leeds away 1968 beaten 2-1 when my hero Joe scored the best diving header ever in 1968 I think...
Home games WBA 1970 lifting the title - Chelsea at home same season beat them 5-1 - Leeds that season they came on a long unbeaten run we beat them 3-2 - my hero -Joe scoring two,......
Most favourite away ground Wolves in their old spion Kop.........

Thank you Joey , especially as you run the best thread on GOT ;)
, some great games and thanks also for highlighting personal memories linked to the matches , my 1st game was the 1970 Chelsea home went with Dad and Uncle Frank

Homes for me, 6 nil vs Chelsea (Bobby Latchford) last game of the season.
Andy King derby.
Bayern munich, euro semi final at Goodison (won't see one again)
Aways is hard but I went for Sittard, my second time ever abroad I hitchhiked on my own. What an adventure and we won. Semi vs Spurs, (Ammo, Ammo)
Nuremberg how we came out with a 0_2??
Aftermatch party with Evertonians every were Brillant

Thank you , and some cracking games you got too !

Southampton cup semi 84 was pretty special. Didn’t think my dad could run that fast
Kanchelskis double ya their place was a great afternoon

I was in South Africa an listened to the 84 Semi Final on the radio shortwave in the car which signal wise was not easy !

Status
Not open for further replies.