3 of the Best Everton home and away games you went too ...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only misssed the Blackpool reserves one. You must be dedicated :dance::dance:

Was my first ever game! My Dad and his mate had season tickets in the Upper Bullens Road, Park End side of the half way line! For the reserve games we used to sit upstairs until about the 80th minute or so then we’d head downstairs to the paddock and watch the last 10 minutes or so with me sat on the barrier!
Great memories!

I was at all of them, Plymouth away we left our local about 11pm the night before, 12 of us in an old white tranny, got there at 7.30 am. Found a cafe,something to eat and a walk around and the pubs opened at 10am!! Well you were just topping yourself up after the journey down. The police closed the pub about 12 everyone was ratarsed, I always remember 1 blue swinging on a old fashioned chandelier and the whole lot came crashing down, Great days
I think Mike Lyons scored 2 that day in his adopted striker role. Imagine how he'd react playing with todays bunch of fannies.

That 79/80 league game, 2-2, had everything, including a twenty yard own goal from Mick Lyons, sending offs, two players for fighting like girls, a female streaker who everyone in the ground saw except Ray Clemence the Liverpool goalkeeper such was his power of concentration.

The three Derbies I mentioned are my feel good memories when I am pissed off - this one was pumping after the match we tried to parade around to the Kop singing but got stopped

Home:
Everton v Liverpool 1994, Joe Royle’s first game.
Everton v Liverpool 1991 FA Cup 4th round, Watson with the winner after the 4-4 draw.
Everton v Newcastle QF FA Cup, Watson with the winner to take us into the Semi-Finals.

Away:
FA Cup Final, Wembley, 1995.
FA Cup Semi-Final, Elland Road, 1995
Southampton 2005. Great weekend, played crap all match but then Marcus Bent scored a last minute equaliser that sent the away end crazy. It made a great weekend even greater!

Cheers mate , some great games you got too !

Home.

Could go for three different ones entirely but...

1) Everton 1-0 Man Utd April 2005. Pivotal game game in our battle with Liverpool for 4th. Still the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Goodison. Real tasty United side we turned over with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy, Scholes, Keane etc.
2) Everton 2-1 Liverpool December 1992. Late Beardsley winner against the club which binned him off, he certainly didn't refuse to celebrate against his old club. Only time we've come from behind to win a derby since the World War 2.
3) Everton 3-2 Wimbledon May 1994. Shouldn't even have been at this game as me and a mate saw the huge queue for the Gwladys and disgracefully pushed in. Edges out the Rooney Arsenal goal game.

Away

I've a terrible record in games I've been to outside Goodison so hardly have a huge choice...

1) Liverpool 0-1 Everton September 1999. Was at our last win over at the tinmine. I remember having a right moan when it was announced we'd be kept in for 20 minutes after the game but it turned out to be great having a sing song on their patch having just turned them over.
2) Watford 1-2 Everton January 2001. FA Cup 3rd round tie. Pure ecstasy in the away end after a peach of a free kick from Stephen Hughes with just a few minutes left and then a diving header from Steve Watson in stoppage time rescued us after we'd trailed to Watford, then in the lower leagues, for most of the game. We went ballistic at those two goals. Memorable for me as I had my first ever Gary Ablett when I got back that night.
3) Man Utd 0-0 Everton April 2009. Possibly the worst ever FA Cup semi final. 120 minutes of total garbage. I was knackered as I'd barely slept the night before and that game hardly perked me up. Only ever seen the penalties since as I refused to watch the game itself again.

Thanks Mate
Got to say Magic home games !
the away games are not too shabby apart from that Manure S/F 2009 were we just didn't show up , but win against the R/S not something I ever got too ;)

The homes I’ve been to:
Fiorentina - the atmosphere was incredible that night, for me I often compare that night to the Hunter S Thompson wave speech, it was the high point of the club in recent history and there was such a buzz especially in the 2nd half and ET that I’d never experienced at Everton and likely never will again.

the lee carsley derby.

midweek game vs United where Dunc scored the only goal after being brought into the team.

Was my first ever game! My Dad and his mate had season tickets in the Upper Bullens Road, Park End side of the half way line! For the reserve games we used to sit upstairs until about the 80th minute or so then we’d head downstairs to the paddock and watch the last 10 minutes or so with me sat on the barrier!
Great memories!

my 1st game was Chelsea home 70 8 years old , you may say what a great game 5-2 , but truthfully cant recall much went with Dad and Uncle Frank - dumped in the "Boys Pen "

Home;
1-0 win against the RS in the cup (second repay after the 4-4 game)
7 -1 Southampton
3-1 Luton in 87 when we paraded the trophy

Away;
4-0 Newcastle boxing day 1986?
1-1 Arsenal in the erly 80's (can't be bothered to look it up). Don't know why, but this one just sticks in my mind.
1-0 Man U, 95 cup final

Home games,
Fiorentia , what an atmosphere, unbelievable.

Liverpool 3-0 (Andy Johnson) I was in the top balcony, waiving and singing at the RS leaving early.

My lads first game, against Bournemouth, think we won 5-2 or 6-2, Rom scored 4 I think and Barkley celebrated before he actually scored.

Away,
Sunderland in fa cup quarter final, we took over one end of their ground. Footie fact (apparently) here for you, Martin O’Neil instructed the club that the away end be moved to the upper tiers only after this game as he says we made it feel like a home game to us and had an influence on the game.

West Ham in 06/07 yakubu scored late on, we also did them in the cup away a few days earlier.

Wolves away, Billy and Phil Neville scored along with Beckford. Billy’s was a screamer.

Homes

Bayern - ace
Wimbledon - roller-coaster
Man UTD 5-0 - we were genuinely making everyone notice us.

Aways

Liverpool 85/86 - how we didn't win the league that year is a mystery.
Wolfsberg - Frozen solid but great trip, same hotel as the team.
ECWC final - 14 years old, first overseas trip. Ace.

I could easily say the McAllister derby, where Gerrard let one in from 40 yards. If i take away the fact it's everton losing a derby in the 90th minute, genuinely don't think i've watched a more entertaining game.

5 Goals, 1 pen, 1 missed pen, red card, end to end. It just had it all. Was gutted coming out the ground as an 8 year old. Paul bloody Gerrard.

Best Home

1. Everton 3-2 Bolton 2004. Just felt like something was changing and Gravesen (officially an OG) slots at the Gwladys Street in the 90th minute.
2. Everton 1-0 Liverpool 2004. Need I say any more?
3. Everton 2-0 Fiorentina 2008. Weird coming out the ground after watching one of the best Everton performances of my life time disappointed. Goodison was rocking.

Best Away
Man Utd 4-4 Everton. Just a boss little game. 4 goals at Old Trafford and we still didn't win. Jelavic was boss then.
2. Man Utd 0-1 Everton. Amazing for every reason i can remember.
3. Wolfsburg 0-2 Everton. Was just boss, from the night before in Hanover, the reds going out the CL to some farm team, the Hanover fans coming for a fight and being laughed at, the win in Germany.

my 1st game was Chelsea home 70 8 years old , you may say what a great game 5-2 , but truthfully cant recall much went with Dad and Uncle Frank - dumped in the "Boys Pen "

“Dumped in the boys pen” - no wonder you don’t remember much about it, probably too busy “surviving” in there! Went in there once - the first and last time :eek::eek::eek:!

Jesus this is so difficult,6 games from so many
HOME
1- Obvious one Bayern,atmosphere I doubt will ever be matched
2- Man United 5-0,possibly the best 45 minutes I will ever see
3- A weird one Coventry in the League cup,1-0 down,think there was less than 10k in the ground,time running out but everybody there got behind the team
AWAY
1- Spurs to basically win the league
2- Villa LC semi,Everton everywhere that day
3-Stoke Fa Cup 3rd round,brilliant support

Jesus this is so difficult,6 games from so many
HOME
1- Obvious one Bayern,atmosphere I doubt will ever be matched
2- Man United 5-0,possibly the best 45 minutes I will ever see
3- A weird one Coventry in the League cup,1-0 down,think there was less than 10k in the ground,time running out but everybody there got behind the team
AWAY
1- Spurs to basically win the league
2- Villa LC semi,Everton everywhere that day
3-Stoke Fa Cup 3rd round,brilliant support
I was guilty of giving the Coventry game a miss.
Still guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.