25 Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We embrace the TRUTH.

25 years of not being good enough to win any trophy.

No excuses, managers, recruitment, players application and attitude all terrible.

Tell you what’s the best moment of this disgusting drought?

The bit where we had a decent team we had QIA interested in buying us but instead that summer we turned them down because someone couldn’t be involved with the club and ended up selling Lescott.

Still upsets me the interest from QIA - we could be PSG currently had Kenwrong sold up.

You enjoy them hammering us and belittling us at every opportunity do you?

I absolutely could not be arsed. They have zero credibility and as such it is easy to have no respect for the footballing opinions of any individual who holds them in any regard whatsoever.

Quite why anybody with an ounce of self respect would cry about what the work experience bod posts on their twitter feed is beyond me.

It's very disappointing, and my other mighty blues, Carlton in the aussie rules, haven't won that since 1995 either.But still though things could always be worse, we could have been floundering in the lower leagues for the past 20 years, ala Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday.We now have a great manager in, Carlo Ancelotti though.And provided he is provided with the necessary backing, then this barren period will be over, a hell of a lot sooner than later.At the end of the day, the cause endures and the dream never dies!

The man who played a big part of this disgraceful run, Bill Kenwright, has still for his claws into the club.

you don’t become a winning team until winners are at the club in every capacity. That charlatan should have been the first thing Moshiri removed.

The man who played a big part of this disgraceful run, Bill Kenwright, has still for his claws into the club.

you don’t become a winning team until winners are at the club in every capacity. That charlatan should have been the first thing Moshiri removed.

He's hanging on until the stadium is built so that he can step down and try to claim that as his legacy.

Its not sad, its correct. Its a trophy we should really target. Its shocking the way we havent and even worse that its never been in our trophy cabinet.

Ancelotti is a proven winner and i think he will actually see that as a good way to get going here.

We did take it seriously this season and lost in the quarter final because we inexplicably let Cenk Tosun take a penalty.

Been rewatching matches of the 80s teams and seeing us beating sides convincingly without fear, must of been great to say the least for those going home and away each week.

How good were Sheedy and Trevor Steven on the wings! Both fantastic weren’t they.

I look at what’s happened since and it’s just sad, the mentality needs to be like those 80s players, no fear.

It’s our own fault, we’ve had plenty of chances to go on a good run or win something.

Playing Alacaraz over Stones against Kiev, still having Martinez as our manager at Wembley and cultivating a culture that means getting knocked out by teams like Oldham, Millwall and Liverpool U12’s all come to mind.

Probably been pointed out but how lovely of Sky Sports to plug an agenda of plucky little Everton who have done remarkably well just to be in the same league as the top 6 only for them to use it as a stick to beat us with when nothing of note has been achieved.

If they were doing their jobs properly, the media would have been critical years ago of Everton's lack of ambition.

Probably been pointed out but how lovely of Sky Sports to plug an agenda of plucky little Everton who have done remarkably well just to be in the same league as the top 6 only for them to use it as a stick to beat us with when nothing of note has been achieved.

If they were doing their jobs properly, the media would have been critical years ago of Everton's lack of ambition.

I'd like to think, that has changed with Moshiri.The small thinking/lack of ambition Everton, started to come to the fore after that Coventry match in 1998.The we are just happy enough with finishing 7th or 8th mentality is, or hopefully no longer is the lasting legacy of the relegation scraps of the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.