22/23 - Retained List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both lonergan and Gibson on released list the PL have published so still waiting on them to accept.

Siggy not mentioned on either retained or released lists. But it's lovely to see the official released list on the PL site containing Tosun and Delph.

I think Lonergan basically is functioning as an assistant keeper coach, and I imagine his wage is probably in line with that tbh.
This is 100% correct, plus he is on 5k per week, even Virginia wants over 20k so a coach plus a bloke who may sit on the bench for a couple of games

Better than the normal Eastern European block signing who never plays and gets released adding nothing

I’m not really sure why so many are questioning why Lonergran’s been offered a new deal…
Every club needs a third keeper, albeit they will rarely play but they are a necessity regardless.
Also I don’t begrudge a ‘relatively’ small salary to retain a third choice keeper to remain ready if called upon.
Not sure what the alternative is if the younger keepers are not deemed ready.

I’m not really sure why so many are questioning why Lonergran’s been offered a new deal…
Every club needs a third keeper, albeit they will rarely play but they are a necessity regardless.
Also I don’t begrudge a ‘relatively’ small salary to retain a third choice keeper to remain ready if called upon.
Not sure what the alternative is if the younger keepers are not deemed ready.

Think it’s because generally most clubs in the world will have a starter, a backup (Begovic) and then third choice will be the best of the youngsters (Tyrer).

Even on very low wages Lonergan is pointless.

Think it’s because generally most clubs in the world will have a starter, a backup (Begovic) and then third choice will be the best of the youngsters (Tyrer).

Even on very low wages Lonergan is pointless.
Not if keeping him allows us to sell Virginia and loan Tyrer. I wouldn't feel too confident putting any of our other youth goalies into a first team fixture tbh but Tyrer is really at the point where he needs to go and play some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.