22/23 - Retained List

Status
Not open for further replies.
so they didn't release the list of retained or released players, just a few items in cluding 2 back up goalkeepers stayign and JJK leaving. Who does comms for Everton?
No mention of Tosun, Soggy nor Delphino
No mention of Delph either.
No mention of Delph?
The thread title is misleading.
The official statement literally starts with the words "Ahead of the release of the #PL retained lists,"

Sounds like we should just hire another keeper coach if all that's required is to kick a ball to pickford. Or something any other keeper is capable of. 0 premier league games in his career btw
Maybe he is a goal keeping coach who just happens to be able to pull on a jersey in case of an emergency.

I don't get the Lonergan deal, I didn't get the one a year ago and, after zero appearances, I understand this deal even less now.

All of the rest of the news is good, though, there's still a couple of dodgy players in the squad but it's looking a lot better for the balance sheet.

From an article on ‘prince ruperts tower about Joao Virginia (who I completely forgot we still owned)

‘The injury to Harry Tyrer forced Everton to go out and sign Lonergan to fill the third spot of a keeper in the senior squad. Unsurprisingly, Lonergan was just a squad filler. The 38 year old did not make a single appearance and made a total of 15 appearances on the bench.’

Explains why we signed Lonergan last season, doesn’t explain the extension especially when Virginia is now back at Everton as the option to buy was not taken up

From an article on ‘prince ruperts tower about Joao Virginia (who I completely forgot we still owned)

‘The injury to Harry Tyrer forced Everton to go out and sign Lonergan to fill the third spot of a keeper in the senior squad. Unsurprisingly, Lonergan was just a squad filler. The 38 year old did not make a single appearance and made a total of 15 appearances on the bench.’

Explains why we signed Lonergan last season, doesn’t explain the extension especially when Virginia is now back at Everton as the option to buy was not taken up

We’ll sell Virginia elsewhere I reckon.

I don't get the Lonergan deal, I didn't get the one a year ago and, after zero appearances, I understand this deal even less now.

All of the rest of the news is good, though, there's still a couple of dodgy players in the squad but it's looking a lot better for the balance sheet.
I think it might mean the Tyrer could be loaned out for first team experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.