2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they have and are going to simplify the badge is down to having something that is simple and easy to digitally replicate. United are doing it too, with their third away kit this season. I expect more teams to follow it. Personally, I don't like, but it's the current wisdom.

As for Nil satis.... well, it's a long time since we lived up to that, so remove it until it means something to us again.

Because .... and I'm paraphrasing from a few years ago when they tried the cartoon beehive badge; "on these digital times we want a badge that is easy to reproduce into any medium."

Given that this digital age and with advanced printing, reproduction couldn't be easier and we could quite easily have a photographic replica of the mona Lisa on our kits etc this has to be the most pathetic excuse to go from a dangerous with "too much detail" to a cartoon.

Those running the club know less about what the club means and more about trying to acquire money for themselves.
"Photographic replica of the mona Lisa on our kits" tickled me. I know what you mean now, I remember reading something about why clubs were all of a sudden changing their badges. Think Leeds did it a little while back before then changing back to the previous one after all the abuse that came from it.

I wouldn’t like to guess why they make these decisions mate, god knows.

It’s Probably Easier, quicker and cheaper to have a simple logo/badge than the current design on all apparel?

Be that magic word modernisation in action.

I quite like the tower design on the yellow kit, but I wouldn’t want it replacing everything.

I loved just the EFC and laurels badge on the 80’s kits, but that got binned off soon enough.

Why can’t we have them all on different gear? Can’t be that difficult surely.
Lots of clubs across the world have been doing similar things with their badges and logos recently now I think about it to be fair.

The reason they have and are going to simplify the badge is down to having something that is simple and easy to digitally replicate. United are doing it too, with their third away kit this season. I expect more teams to follow it. Personally, I don't like, but it's the current wisdom.

As for Nil satis.... well, it's a long time since we lived up to that, so remove it until it means something to us again.
Liverpool have done it in previous years, too, come to think of it. Sure Arsenal might have had a simple cannon as their badge on an away or third kit recently as well.

IMG_4500.jpeg

Something like this for the away would be sound.

Why is it fans come up with better designs than whoever produces our kit?

Has Stake been confirmed for next season? We signed a multi-year deal, which is code for... we can get out of this, IF we source a better sponsor. I assume Stake will be continuing though....

NathDoggs away kit pic is a beauty. Id buy that in heartbeat. And the badge is spot on too.​

"Photographic replica of the mona Lisa on our kits" tickled me. I know what you mean now, I remember reading something about why clubs were all of a sudden changing their badges. Think Leeds did it a little while back before then changing back to the previous one after all the abuse that came from it.
Now I think about it, maybe Munch's "The Scream" would be more appropriate.

Two of Spurs Hummel kits from the late 80s. Either would be a decent 80s reboot imo.

Quite like the second one which is a bit of a mishmash (see what I did there 😉) of 82/83 and 86/87. That would do me.

I'd love a nostalgic 80's badge on the shirt

Why is it fans come up with better designs than whoever produces our kit?

Has Stake been confirmed for next season? We signed a multi-year deal, which is code for... we can get out of this, IF we source a better sponsor. I assume Stake will be continuing though....

NathDoggs away kit pic is a beauty. Id buy that in heartbeat. And the badge is spot on too.​

Wish I could take the credit mate, but I’m not even close to being that talented - it’s one of the amazing ones a fan has knocked up and Ive found on the tinterweb.

Credit to whoever comes up with them - brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.