2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a trophy ASAP. A parade through the city for us, a day when we're the focus of attention and the kopites all have to stay at home and get in with it.

Winning a cup is the best way into the Europa League and winning the EL is the best way into the CL. Emery at Arsenal has known this all along and put all the eggs in that basket, smart move (Mourinho did the same two years ago at United). It's a trophy, good experience for a squad and a huge reward at the end.

Just for once have a proper go at that League Cup, PLEASE. We've got to win it once before it inevitably gets scrapped.

Following on from a chat with @GrandOldTeam and the other staff.

In your opinion, what’s the minimum required for us next season? I would argue 5th.

6th & 7th not good enough due to the sheer stupidity of a season beginning June/July with trips to Eastern Europe.

Is a cup the best way to get European football? If so, I don’t watch that at the expense of league position. I’d then expect a cup AND a decent placing.

I don't get what "required" means, but if we're setting acceptable goals:

Beat the RS
Top 6
European Qualification
Cup win

I think in that order

Securing European football should be our top target, ideally we can achieve it through a cup win

Hard to put a position on it. Whatever got 6th place this season doesn't mean itll be the benchmark for next.

United finished 6th on 66 points, we really wasnt that far behind. The only way we do it is to keep improving as we are and the impressive signs are that we have improved during this transitional season over the last 9 months. Problems were rectified as we went along but we are still a far way off that ultimate consistency we require to compete.

We finished the season strongly. That has to continue on the first day. We have to go pick up points away from home more often. We have to be consistent at home. I think we should be aiming for 65 points or so next season. We have to bring in a goal scorer who is capable of getting 15+ next season. This is how we improve.

If 65 points gets us 6th great, if it gets us 7th it's still an improvement. As long as we are continually improving season on season.

Target the league cup. Its a day out at Wembley and 1995 is turning into a bit of a local monkey on our backs. I would even go as far as to say rest players in the league beforehand, depending on the match. Infuriates me season in, season we play weakened sides in this.

The away form simply has to improve, though I have felt like this since the Joe Royle. Don't know if this means attacking more or different tactics but we don't win enough away from home..

Certainly cant say this is a minimum requirement as the opposition are one of the best in the country but win a derby.

For me it's got to be pushing 6th bare minimum, or a cup if not.

More importantly than that though, I'm looking to see our season not be completely dead by October. If it is, Silva should go.

Yeah I suppose my biggest Wish would be to have something to fight for in April.

I mean we still had 7th this season, but something more, something worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.