2017-2018 Fixture List

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have European games before these though won't we?

So these aren't even our first 5 games in all comps.

Kind of weird that we play Chelsea twice before we play West Brom. I can't remember a schedule set up differently than the usual 19 + 19.

I made some joke in my head about us just playing the top 6 to start the season. Then I saw the actual fixture list and laughed. And cried...Actually I like it. It is a brutal start, but A. That gets those games out of the way, our schedule will be the easiest in the league past that point. B. It lets us really test ourselves against top competition to start. C. The best time to play good teams IMHO is the beginning of the season, because they are more likely to be unsettled, with new players, new tactics, and just not playing together as a team yet. While it will be very difficult to win, our playing Europa league games already will give us a better chance to be in sync, and them out of sync.

Four of the 6 teams above us in the first 5 games.
We shall take them apart and leave them in our wake so dispirited that they will become relegation fodder.
COYB

5 in 9 I believe as well.

Apologies if anyone's mentioned already, but isn't it weird we play Chelsea in the reverse fixture before we play our first match against West Brom? How common/uncommon is this?

Kind of weird that we play Chelsea twice before we play West Brom. I can't remember a schedule set up differently than the usual 19 + 19.

Think it's quite regular. The two halves of the season don't match up generally.

Absolutely brilliant set of fixtures to focus minds on getting players in now with no messing.

Add in our Europa pre-season games and we will be well prepared for these opening fixtures, no excuses at all on that front.

Great opportunity to remind people that Everton are back ;)

these fixtures are why we NEED to have our squad in place early and not leave it till deadline day

season could be over by September if not

Can't believe we Dee all the good grand early doors, but the only one I wanted in arsenal, we didn't get. They constantly start the season poorly, and will be even worse this tune around as they'll be in a bit of turmoil.

As shown with with cities and Chelsea respective form early doors, it's possibly not a good thing nor a bad thing to draw them all early. Just depends on injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.