2013/14 wanted team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Felli, Neville, Heitinga, Gueye, Jelavic
In: Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fer, Negredo

Would do me well.

Just get some Belgians in FFS.
Mertens first choice, Lukaku second and De Bruyne third.

22345294.jpg

Moyes has never gone back in for a player and has never signed a player we have been linked with.

So we wont sign any player in this thread.

Except Dries Mertens though right?

RIGHT?

http://www.soccernews.com/dortmund-...-urges-everton-to-sign-mertens-chadli/115237/

Everton star Kevin Mirallas has recommended his two international teammates to the Goodison Park outfit.

The Belgian international has enjoyed a brilliant start to his career in England and his impressive showings at Everton could help some of his international teammates make it to the Premier League as well.

Mirallas has moved to suggest the club chiefs should try and sign Eredivisie stars Dries Mertens and Nacer Chadli.

“I cannot say who Everton should sign, but there are some good Belgian players,” the 25-year-old told Het Nieuwsblad.

“Dries Mertens at PSV or Nacer Chadli from Twente, for example. Mertens is a left or right winger, and Chadli can play anywhere in midfield.

”They can make it in the Premier League for sure.”

Both players have been thoroughly impressive in Dutch Eredivisie this season, with Mertens scoring 12 goals and producing 13 assists, and Chadli scoring 7 goals in 14 league appearances.

Take him off the list Sly lad.

What is it with the assumption we'll go back in for Fer?

And ffs most of the people saying they want him in the team probably hadn't heard of him until we were linked.

Five players out (four of whom are regulars) and four in ?

Dodgy for me. We already have a small squad.

I think we will have to count on youngsters. Barkley is ready. Maybe not to be the next Rooney, but he's ready to be a week in week out squad member. It's time to give Duffy a regular place on the bench and some playing time at center half. Lundstram is a maybe? He's played a lot of football for Donny this year. He's 19, he's not a baby.

Plus I'm sure we can get a Bosman or two in for depth. We're never going to be as deep as those above us, but the quality in the top 13-14 would be strong I believe.

I'll be honest, I would jizz at Negredo and a top class DM who can sit next to Gibson and act as a true "destroyer" in front of the back four.

Five players out (four of whom are regulars) and four in ?

Dodgy for me. We already have a small squad.

Exactamundo.

For the sake of making the squad bigger and younger, I would like to see Moyes pick up some out-of-contract bargains asap:

1) Douglas - Twente
2) Liam Bridcutt - Brighton

Presuming the likes of Heitinga, Gueye and Hitz move on, the squad would shrink further still. Throw in a couple more with a year or less remaining on their contracts:

3) Keisuke Honda - CSKA Moscow
4) Andreas Weimann - Villa
5) Leroy Fer - Twente

The problem is, however, finance. Would we get any change out of £25m if we were to sign all five of those listed? Considering agent fees, signing fees and such, I think not.

The need to increase the size of the squad is a strong argument AGAINST paying £20m+ for the likes of a Benteke or Lukaku. Like it or not, cash is a huge issue for this club so investing too high a proportion of the transfer budget in any single player is simply too risky; one injury or one suspension would effectively derail the entire reinvestment that such a purchase would represent.

There's also more scope for later profit on resale if FIVE players are purchase instead of one: if each went up £3m in value the club would see a £15m profit.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.