1 year on, just as useless !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"It is another disappointing result for the Toffees, who twice threw away a lead to draw at Chelsea last weekend and have now won just three of their past 14 matches at Goodison Park and one win in 10 league matches overall."

Think that says all that needs to be said.

Exactly... I'd take Gullit or even moyes back. But first choice would be that bielsa or sampaoli. Attractive football but not over playing at the back line every time we get the ball back there.

Moyes shouldn't come back on principle, but I totally get your point.

People seem to think the Moyes era was all KIUAP1 football (or whatever that ridiculous acronym was) but in 2006-09 we had players with no ego and could play when needed. Results first, entertainment second.

Between late October and early March in 2007-08, some of our football was majestic, just as good as anything produced in 13-14. That was under Moyes.

It's also worth noting that the traditional top four was MUCH tougher back then. Just compare the "spines" of the top teams back then:

Arsenal in 2007 - Gallas, Fabregas, Van Persie
Arsenal now - Mertesacker, Flamini, Giroud

Chelsea in 2007 - (Prime) Terry, Lampard and Drogba
Chelsea now - (Aged) Terry, Mikel, Costa

Man Utd in 2007 - Vidic, Scholes, (Prime) Rooney
Man Utd now - Smalling, Mata, Martial

Liverpool in 2007 - Carragher, Alonso/ (Prime) Gerrard, (In-form) Torres
Liverpool now - Lovren, Henderson, Benteke

If he'd been given the sort of money RM has been fronted, I'm confident we'd have got top four again in that period.

As for El Clown, all I will say is, even under Mike Walker we'd usually win if we went two up. Under no other manager have we taken a 2-0 lead and I've automatically thought "we're going to muck this up".

That is what RM has done to the club with an admirable philosophy but terrible man management.

We won 12 games last season

Can you see us winning 6 of the remaining 15 to equal that, given that we've won 6 of 23 to date?

Bit tough to see where at the moment

If you add the last 15 league games of last season to take a 'rolling season' view it's 12 wins out of 38 and almost half (5 = QPR, Burnley, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland) of those wins have come from teams who are in the relegation zone or who were relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.