1 year on, just as useless !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that the core group of players we have is young. One bad season and they're all gone or at least two of them. But if we acted quickly and got a top manager in that could get us top 6 then we might be able to save this season. Sampaoli or Bielsa? Just thinking how good pochettino is with Spurs and their young players and he plays a similar style to those two.

If we go out meekly against City, he's going to be under serious pressure, the cup semi is about the only thing saving him at the minute. Plus he still gets a really easy ride in the media, which always helps you keep a job

Don't think it being meekly or not should make a difference.

Go out against City, be it on penalties or by losing 5-0, and that should be it.

Even @davek has pretty much put all his eggs in the League Cup basket.

Bit unfair mate - At least he's not osman. :( (Thank Christ!)

They hide from the ball as much as each other.

About 80 mins in today, Mori has the ball, is running out looking for options... Cleverley goes and hides behind two Swansea players in a position he couldn't possibly receive the ball. It's pathetic. If he doesn't fancy it, he shouldn't be playing.

Martinez can't wait every game to get him on the pitch. We were at home vs Swansea for goodness sake - get another attacker on and go for it. No, let's just bring on average Cleverley, who barely stood out for Villa last season.

My problem is that the core group of players we have is young. One bad season and they're all gone or at least two of them. But if we acted quickly and got a top manager in that could get us top 6 then we might be able to save this season. Sampaoli or Bielsa? Just thinking how good pochettino is with Spurs and their young players and he plays a similar style to those two.

Thats the issue, they won't stay, they'll go. The we getting another couple of youngsters in who are talented but the same issues arise, then they go and the circle of life continues.

They're must be managers sitting at home thinking "god, what ic ould do with this team"

Thats the issue, they won't stay, they'll go. The we getting another couple of youngsters in who are talented but the same issues arise, then they go and the circle of life continues.

They're must be managers sitting at home thinking "god, what ic ould do with this team"

Exactly... I'd take Gullit or even moyes back. But first choice would be that bielsa or sampaoli. Attractive football but not over playing at the back line every time we get the ball back there.

Bielsa is a good manager but hes a bit of a maverick type, it will either click and work or struggle, not sure he would be the type to take a calculated gamble on, Sampaoli i don't know much about and hes had a lot of credit for his work with Chile but i do know he made some crazy team selections at times with the likes of Medel and Gonzalo Jara (players who never made it in england) in CB when they are both not even 5'10 tall xD I doubt he would consider here anyway considering his current reputation in football.

We've tended to do well on taking a gamble on young managers within the UK but they all currently suffer the same defensive issues, Howe, Neil etc..

There is a few in the lower leagues i admire but they would be seen as huge gambles for the position we're currently in, its not like the Moyes days anymore so managers like Rowett (rate highly), Dyche (probably a lower prem manager but doesnt get the credit he deserves), Karanka are seen as too much of a risk.

Bielsa is a good manager but hes a bit of a maverick type, it will either click and work or struggle, not sure he would be the type to take a calculated gamble on, Sampaoli i don't know much about and hes had a lot of credit for his work with Chile but i do know he made some crazy team selections at times with the likes of Medel and Gonzalo Jara (players who never made it in england) in CB when they are both not even 5'10 tall xD I doubt he would consider here anyway considering his current reputation in football.

We've tended to do well on taking a gamble on young managers within the UK but they all currently suffer the same defensive issues, Howe, Neil etc..

There is a few in the lower leagues i admire but they would be seen as huge gambles for the position we're currently in, its not like the Moyes days anymore so managers like Rowett (rate highly), Dyche (probably a lower prem manager but doesnt get the credit he deserves), Karanka are seen as too much of a risk.
I would take Karanka though. Looking at boro's defensive records and where he's been. At least he has experience at the very top of football (Madrid). I was also thinking laudrup possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.