1 year on, just as useless !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken to wearing nappies mate. Sh1tting the bed watching the match is embarrassing at my age.
shart-jpeg.jpg

Its been pretty much 2 years at this point. What do you think he is going to work/improve on? Not being snarky or pedantic, genuinely curious. He's regressed as a manager quite a bit in my eyes. He no longer makes great subs (60 minutes, nailed on), he doesn't change the shape of the team when MAKING said boss subs, he thinks Tim Howard is the answer to a question nobody ever asked.

The day we beat Arsenal 3-0 to go above them in the hunt for the CL place was the high water mark.

We should have kicked on against Palace in the next game but managed to lose that one and it has pretty much been downhill ever since.

Moyes shouldn't come back on principle, but I totally get your point.

People seem to think the Moyes era was all KIUAP1 football (or whatever that ridiculous acronym was) but in 2006-09 we had players with no ego and could play when needed. Results first, entertainment second.

Between late October and early March in 2007-08, some of our football was majestic, just as good as anything produced in 13-14. That was under Moyes.

It's also worth noting that the traditional top four was MUCH tougher back then. Just compare the "spines" of the top teams back then:

Arsenal in 2007 - Gallas, Fabregas, Van Persie
Arsenal now - Mertesacker, Flamini, Giroud

Chelsea in 2007 - (Prime) Terry, Lampard and Drogba
Chelsea now - (Aged) Terry, Mikel, Costa

Man Utd in 2007 - Vidic, Scholes, (Prime) Rooney
Man Utd now - Smalling, Mata, Martial

Liverpool in 2007 - Carragher, Alonso/ (Prime) Gerrard, (In-form) Torres
Liverpool now - Lovren, Henderson, Benteke

If he'd been given the sort of money RM has been fronted, I'm confident we'd have got top four again in that period.

As for El Clown, all I will say is, even under Mike Walker we'd usually win if we went two up. Under no other manager have we taken a 2-0 lead and I've automatically thought "we're going to muck this up".

That is what RM has done to the club with an admirable philosophy but terrible man management.

Yea I feel you. My thing is moyes played some fairly expansive stuff in his days and I feel as though pro Martinez supporters biggest argument is that the football is entertaining now. My reply to that is it is certainly not entertaining to see my clubs arguably most talented side ever since the 80s concede 4 goals at home to stoke or piss away two stoppage time "winners". (Yes I will also blame the referee for Chelsea away). People are saying that we play some unreal stuff and cut teams to shreds. I like to ask who have we cut to shreds besides villa the team at the bottom of the league and Southampton. 2 out of the 23 games we have cut teams to shreds. It's our right as fans to have a go at the manger. We could easily be right outside the top 6 but instead were in 12th with relegation form.

We should have kicked on against Palace in the next game but managed to lose that one and it has pretty much been downhill ever since.

Was that the Palace game, where Tim gave away a crazy penalty and was then outjumped by a dwarf?

Yesterday's penalty was nothing new nor was his inability to react to a deflection. That is what has not changed in the last year. I wonder if RM would be prepared to restrict himself to transfer policy and leave goalkeeper selection to
someone else. RM has built a really exciting team but the defence has the Premier's worst keeper behind it. Imagine where EFC would be if De Gea or Lloris were in our goal? Or for that matter, Robles?

Was that the Palace game, where Tim gave away a crazy penalty and was then outjumped by a dwarf?

Yesterday's penalty was nothing new nor was his inability to react to a deflection. That is what has not changed in the last year. I wonder if RM would be prepared to restrict himself to transfer policy and leave goalkeeper selection to
someone else. RM has built a really exciting team but the defence has the Premier's worst keeper behind it. Imagine where EFC would be if De Gea or Lloris were in our goal? Or for that matter, Robles?
Top 5 seems to be the consensus before today's game, which was absolutely disgraceful a team performance.

Today was the first day this season that I started to count the points between us and the relegation zone. I just hope we beat Newcastle next week because if they beat us we'll be 5 points off the relegation zone and looking over our shoulder for the rest of the season.
With this squad of players we should be in the top 6. Martinez is building us a great squad but what use is that if he can't get results with a great squad?!

Time mate, you got to give him time. Though nobody says how much time. They say if you get rid now it's short sighted, because in 'time' eg a flexible variable that expands or contracts as required ( usually expands ) all the footballing monkeys on all the footballing type writers will...eventually ( this week, next week, sometime, never?) write the equivalent of the footballing works of Shakespeare...eventually...or so it goes.

Me? I don't see it... but maybe I will...eventually...in time...nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.