£80m + EL money for 2014/15... so @£85m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton%2BP%26L%2B2014.jpg

Are you trying to prove yourself wrong?

Yet Martinez said in that fan interview a few weeks ago that we don't have the money for any big name signings, if we spend anything it will be a small amount. Makes you want to give up.
Martinez said at the end of last season(2013-2014) that we don't have to sell players to buy, we are not a selling club.
I think it is best not to take a blind bit of notice of anything anyone says about money at the club, they just try to kid
the b-------is off you, and they succeed with quite a lot of fans.

Are you trying to prove yourself wrong?

So you're concerned with Gross Debt instead of Net Debt?
I assumed people wanted Everton to spend money on acquiring assets as opposed to just lobbing all of our money to the banks? My mistake.

Yes, we still owe the banks the same amount (or about .9m more) but instead of giving them the money we got for Fellaini we decided to reinvest in an asset that we believe will only appreciate in value due to age and perceived potential.

People are never happy, we sell players, pay off debt and don't reinvest - people fume
we sell players and buy new players without paying off debt - people fume

What exactly do the fans want Everton to do with money from player sales? Should it go into the transfer kitty or should we send it to the banks?

I assumed people wanted Everton to spend money on acquiring assets as opposed to just lobbing all of our money to the banks? My mistake.

Yes, we still owe the banks the same amount (or about .9m more) but instead of giving them the money we got for Fellaini we decided to reinvest in an asset that we believe will only appreciate in value due to age and perceived potential.

People are never happy, we sell players, pay off debt and don't reinvest - people fume

What exactly do the fans want Everton to do with money from player sales? Should it go into the transfer kitty or should we send it to the banks?

Invest in winning lottery tickets and buy new stadium and Barcelona first team squad.

so we have 85 mil to spend and we're spending it on tosh like cleverley's sign on fee and wages and prob some youngster who will spend 5 years in the reserves and never quite make it into the first team.

For the record I never said either way what I wanted the Club to do, I was merely pointing out that debt has increased when a lot of supporters mistakenly think we're dealing with it.

Personally, I want a clear business plan one way or the other, the exact opposite of what we see in any set of accounts submitted during this boards tenure.

Ha ha I love the Maths on here, people deducting transfer fees from turn over to get our transfer budget. Just missed out on one small detail Luke our annual wage bill, oh btw there us another 40 odd million to be added to that overall figure.

after interest costs, the profit this year will be negligible. It's how much of the player registrations' amortisation number is made available that describes the transfer kitty...it will be 10-15 million tops (50-75% of likely amortisation figure).

NB When I present accounts (pubs and off licenses), I have a note referencing 'other operating expenses' and it describes line items comprising the aggregate expenditure number shown in the P&L.
Such line items(eg rates, insurance, rent, electricity, gas, telephones....right down to cleaning costs) are entered into ledgers from invoices (obviously ledgers reconcile to bank). Thus the whole process is easily followed/audited.
I note Everton's accounts do not break down 'other operating expenses' (of 29 million) at all. However, comparing the amount to other clubs of similar 'ball park' turnover/wages etc, the number does not stand out egregiously.

Last edited:
after interest costs, the profit this year will be negligible. It's how much of the player registrations amortisation number is made available that describes the transfer kitty...it will be 10-15 million tops (50-75% of likely amortisation figure).

NB When I present accounts (pubs and off licenses), I have a note referencing 'other operating expenses' and it describes line items comprising the aggregate expenditure number shown in the P&L.
Such line items(eg rates, insurance, rent, electricity, gas, telephones....right down to cleaning costs) are entered into ledgers from invoices (obviously ledgers reconcile to bank). Thus the whole process is easily followed/audited.
I note Everton's accounts do not break down 'other operating expenses' (of 29 million) at all. However, comparing the amount to other clubs of similar 'ball park' turnover/wages etc, the number does not stand out egregiously.

The club management studiously avoid providing an analysis of that item in the A/C's. For our club it is not small beer either which is why there is concern about the Directors as DaveK often highlights these rogues.

That's not true, we increased our borrowing by a further million.

Net debt was lower due to cash in the bank, but let's see if that's still the case.
Not disputing your figures mate but why are we needing to borrow a million with all the extra tv income?

Just asking, we complain about the finances saying we're a big club, but aren't prepared to pay the same prices. If the club are mortgaged to the hilt, who is likely to buy us?
Remember John Moores was the billionaire of his day, so we either accept where we are now surviving on our wits, with the odd occasional diamond to keep us afloat, or somehow we generate funds.
( I'm not Bill either)

Status
Not open for further replies.