£80m + EL money for 2014/15... so @£85m

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I never said either way what I wanted the Club to do, I was merely pointing out that debt has increased when a lot of supporters mistakenly think we're dealing with it.

Personally, I want a clear business plan one way or the other, the exact opposite of what we see in any set of accounts submitted during this boards tenure.

That's absolutely fair (with regards the business plan) but when you're saying our 'debt' has increased and supporters are unaware... that's pretty much an argument of semantics.

Yes we have slightly increased the amount of money we owe the bank but financial position is determined by a balance of assets and liabilities. Our assets have increased quite a lot more than our liabilities (with the ratio being so healthy that it covers half of our total bank debt) leaving us in a much stronger position financially than we were. This is why the Net Debt figure is shown.... it's not to throw wool over peoples eyes... it's to show the decrease in effective debt for the club.

I actually think it's misleading to say Everton have increased their debt without giving context...

That's absolutely fair (with regards the business plan) but when you're saying our 'debt' has increased and supporters are unaware... that's pretty much an argument of semantics.

Yes we have slightly increased the amount of money we owe the bank but financial position is determined by a balance of assets and liabilities. Our assets have increased quite a lot more than our liabilities (with the ratio being so healthy that it covers half of our total bank debt) leaving us in a much stronger position financially than we were. This is why the Net Debt figure is shown.... it's not to throw wool over peoples eyes... it's to show the decrease in effective debt for the club.

I actually think it's misleading to say Everton have increased their debt without giving context...

That's the nature of accounting I suppose!

Debt has increased, that is a fact. If you think my comments are misleading then fair enough but in my opinion nowhere nearly as misleading as statements suggesting we've shaved £20m off the debt.

For me the crucial figures in the accounts show a complete flatlining or regression of almost all incomings bar TV money. When that is added to the increase in debt I think it's time to seriously question those in charge.

it's alright, when were boss again next season everyone won't say a word about the board like last season

Debt has increased, that is a fact. If you think my comments are misleading then fair enough but in my opinion nowhere nearly as misleading as statements suggesting we've shaved £20m off the debt.

For me the crucial figures in the accounts show a complete flatlining or regression of almost all incomings bar TV money. When that is added to the increase in debt I think it's time to seriously question those in charge.

Not trying to be belligerent or antagonistic here but you're completely ignoring the point that I made. Gross Debt has increased and Net Debt has decreased, that is also a fact. Put simply, Net Debt is what matters and £20m has been shaved off of it.

Everton FC could've put that £28m towards decreasing bank debt and our books would have the same result.... showing a decrease in both Gross and Net Debt... the difference being, we wouldn't own Lukaku.

You're perfectly entitled to be angry at the Everton board over a failure to increase commercials, or failure to secure a new stadium or any other number of things but latching onto the statements over debt is a bit ridiculous,,, all it is, is picking the result you want and then using a figure taken out of context to 'prove' your point. What was done with that £28m was the most astute method of decreasing our liability.

Anyway... if the continuation of this conversation is going to be 'but debt increased...', I think we should stop and just agree to disagree.

some people have been doing that for years, unfortunately theres still thousands of idiots that think the board are doing a good job.

Not trying to be belligerent or antagonistic here but you're completely ignoring the point that I made. Gross Debt has increased and Net Debt has decreased, that is also a fact. Put simply, Net Debt is what matters and £20m has been shaved off of it.

Everton FC could've put that £28m towards decreasing bank debt and our books would have the same result.... showing a decrease in both Gross and Net Debt... the difference being, we wouldn't own Lukaku.

You're perfectly entitled to be angry at the Everton board over a failure to increase commercials, or failure to secure a new stadium or any other number of things but latching onto the statements over debt is a bit ridiculous,,, all it is, is picking the result you want and then using a figure taken out of context to 'prove' your point. What was done with that £28m was the most astute method of decreasing our liability.

Anyway... if the continuation of this conversation is going to be 'but debt increased...', I think we should stop and just agree to disagree.

Probably for the best! It's not a new argument anyway.

Our TV income could easily increase with a little thinking outside the box eg a pay per view channel exclusively showing our games (and Martinez's 'pressers'). Insomniacs and other sleep deprived sufferers seeking a bit of shut eye would pay plenty for such content.

Status
Not open for further replies.