£75 for a 7/8 year old? Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wee fella's birthday this Friday and I have always got him the Infant kit - £35-£40 - for the lot.

Now he's 8, it's the small boys kit. £75. :Blink:

I'm surely not alone with anger at this? It's for kids ffs!

The only consolation is that the money isn't paying for the likes of Ashley Williams any more, but still....<fume>

As a parent myself I think the solution would be that the kit has to be a birthday or Christmas present. Yes it's too expensive but no more so than alot of the other stuff kids ask for these days (games consoles, phones, designer coats etc).

Hope this isn't another one of those tiresome 'wool' comments. We couldn't afford a season ticket even if we lived next to the ground.
£75 for a 7/8 year old, particularly considering it's £40 for a 6/7 year old, is ridiculous.

Also, regarding the club 'having to make money somewhere' - fine, but not off kids ay?

Why do they need shorts and socks if you can’t reallt afford it?

My lad has just turned 6 and he’s Pickford mad! Couldn’t get him a Goalie kit (£80!) because they only do 8+ So I bought him a cheapo instead.. he wasn’t impressed and took matters into his own hands! Now it’s priceless View attachment 50960View attachment 50961

I believe the club consulted your lad when they were looking to change the logo a few years back.

Wee fella's birthday this Friday and I have always got him the Infant kit - £35-£40 - for the lot.

Now he's 8, it's the small boys kit. £75. :Blink:

I'm surely not alone with anger at this? It's for kids ffs!

The only consolation is that the money isn't paying for the likes of Ashley Williams any more, but still....<fume>

It costs them around a fiver to produce these kits, so a major rip off.

@newton-stewart-blues Reckon you're just after a moan on here mate, @jaybx1878 gave you an alternative site where you can get the kits for £13 and you've replied to just about everyone else but not him.

Also, if you can't afford a ticket, next time I can't make it I'll message you an you can have mine for free
Aye, I'm just after a moan mate.

Needed the kit for Friday and the site jaybx1878 mentioned was minimum 10 day delivery.

Jeez.

EDIT: I appreciate the ticket offer btw, that's very generous of you - I was, in general, just meaning that we can't really afford to go the games any more which seems to have offended some on here.

It would be quite interesting to know their margins (also in respect to fair pay for the workers).

In July a bunch of my football team, ordered national team jerseys. An official shirt was 90 € (without a printed name, print makes it more expensive). They ordered 25 jerseys (not only players, also women and 2 kids); each costing 13 € (including print) from somewhere in China. Got delivered one week later. I'd bought an official one previously, because I liked the design, and I have admit that I couldn't spot the difference. Well probably it's somewhere in the durability or something. I'm not condoning ordering illegal shirts, just interested in the margins.

Another solution might be to convince your kids that every season they've had a kit we haven't won anything. Appeal to human's natural superstition. It works for religions.

This is a rather broad sentence which some may find offensive. Would you mind clarifying your comment?

£75 is quite cheap for an 8 year old, I've heard you can sell them on eBay for triple that price in a few years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.