£75 for a 7/8 year old? Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton-stewart-blues

Player Valuation: £500k
Wee fella's birthday this Friday and I have always got him the Infant kit - £35-£40 - for the lot.

Now he's 8, it's the small boys kit. £75. :Blink:

I'm surely not alone with anger at this? It's for kids ffs!

The only consolation is that the money isn't paying for the likes of Ashley Williams any more, but still....<fume>

Wee fella's birthday this Friday and I have always got him the Infant kit - £35-£40 - for the lot.

Now he's 8, it's the small boys kit. £75. :Blink:

I'm surely not alone with anger at this? It's for kids ffs!

The only consolation is that the money isn't paying for the likes of Ashley Williams any more, but still....<fume>

Don’t buy it then? Or just get the shirt?

Arnt we among the clubs taking most for letting kids be mascots for games too? I read somewhere the price was shocking.

I buy a few kids kits for and yeah they’re not cheap but they’re the same price as every other kit from sports direct or whatever and they also quite regularly have offers on so can work out ok. Also usually kids wear them to death and saves on buying a lot of other stuff , ultimately it’s the price across the board . As far as stuff goes Everton are pretty decent to be honest .

If it’s too dear though mate the training tops are usually significantly cheaper and anything from last year the same.

Missing the point. The club shouldn't be shafting kids.
Shafting parents via their kids 'gimme' culture is standard industry practice across loads of fields. Look at the sweets by a supermarket checkout. The implication is that if you don't spend big then it clearly means you don't love your kids enough.

The solution (and I'm not saying it's easy) is to train the gimme culture out of them and train them to appreciate value.

I was about 5 when I had my last Easter egg (I traded the same value for solid ordinary chocolate - eggs being hollow) and around 6 when I last pestered for fireworks (I got a toy car instead - which lasted much longer and saved my parents a floomin fortune.

Such thinking about value turned me into an utter tight-wad though. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.