£4m for Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense for 4 million decent price considering, age, potential, and versitility. I really hope this is an as well signing with either Fernandes or Barton.

If all is to be beleived you have to admire the lad having the commitment of wanting to come and play for us over the barcodes and villa. Bodes well.

Wed have some team of Evertonians if Barton and Nugent came in!

Very happy if he signs, plus thes 24!

very young for a versatile player.

Aye, would be a quality signing. Apart from all the awful 'Jag' puns in the papers :lol:

I'm delighted with this apparent signing, a talented young player who again wants to play for us despite what we did to him.

The one thing that does stick in my craw is the fact that this is another part of Walter Smiths appalling legacy, it was his decision to release Jags and Barton in the first place. He never once gave kids a chance, signed old players and wasted millions, that waste continues with DM having to re-sign this lad who made the grade at an early age shortly after leaving us and I believe that Barton would have been a different player if he had been brought up here..:angry: :angry:

Last edited:
Well its not just Walter, the whole scouting network have let many slip through the net.

One thing can be said about DM, none of the youth that he let go have made it in the top flight.

I'm delighted with this apparent signing, a talented young player who again wants to play for us despite what we did to him.

The one thing that does stick in my craw is the fact that this is another part of Walter Smiths appalling legacy, it was his decision to release Jags and Barton in the first place. He never once gave kids a chance, signed old players and wasted millions, that waste continues with DM having to re-sign this lad who made the grade at an early age shortly after leaving us and I believe that Barton would have been a different player if he had been brought up here..:angry: :angry:

to be fair mont, it could also be said he saved us at a desperate time.

gravesen, dacourt, materazzi, weir, gough, campbell... he did have an eye for some quality and his hands were tied by that kopite chairman.

I have a lot of respect for Smith... as you say he may have "wasted millions" but how many millions did he save the club when he signed the likes of Kevin Campbell? I lay the blame at Johnsons door for them days, not Wally. ( Walter smith discussion here )

I don't really know a great deal about Jagielka apart from him regularly being mentioned as their best player. Whenever I've seen him he's anchored midfield. Is that his best position? Think he's also played centre back and right back hasn't he?

well, he has youth on his side, and sounds like a battler, and every side needs a battler or two.

i'd be quite happy with a gamble being taken on him so long as the price is reasonable.

well, looks like my jag request has nearly come to fruition, lets see if my rosenior for van swap occurs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.