New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of the small team jibe I was fuming too. But I'm over it. Clearly it's rattled some people like Ferguson rattling Keegan, or even Mojo signing for Rangers. If it was the other way round you'd be loving it and you know it.

That annoys me more than Rafael becoming manager, I've said numerous times that all former players need to be punted and replaced with better coaches who have ambition, I want coaches at Everton who won't be happy to stay around long term as a coach, I want to see coaches who will want to do such a good job that they'll be approached by other clubs to become manager and they'll leave Everton, I don't the feeling that Ferguson or Unsworth are too bothered about becoming managers a a lower league club Look at Stubbs former player yes but as a defensive coach he did a damn good job and became a manager at Rotherham (I think) after he left out defensive went pair shaped.
It shows weakness by Benitez. If he;s supposed to be the man who makes difficult decisions he just ducked the first one asked of him.

That’s probably me done if we appoint him. I’ve been losing interest in football in general for a long time and not being remotely stimulated by the Euros has really highlighted this to me. Everton have also become a bit of a sideshow in my life with me either not watching or just putting games on in the background nowadays. I can’t be arsed with the lack of entertainment on the pitch and the whole ordeal when he’s gone inside 18 months and this starts all over again where we will inevitably make another stupid decision on the manager. I’m just totally apathetic and the main thing I actually like about Everton these days is this place.
iv enjoyed the euros mainly because the players seem to want to play for their countries and arent having a shedload of money thrown at them like in club football,especially wales and portugal the other night!
still cba with england and totally apathetic with everton atm!
with martinez,it took moshiri years to pay him off to get rid of him,why would he turn around and bring him back? it would be the most everton thing ever!
i think its going to be FSW mainly because theres not much alternative out there!

If you were looking for a new employee, would you base your search on what a candidate did 10 years ago or say in the last 3-5 years? I don't believe many recruiters sit around saying, we should give it to this guy because he was top of his game 10 years ago
This is it what about his recent record screams winner? Nothing. It's a busted flush appointment just because he has a name and a cv Moshiri can remember. And it will anger a large part of the fanbase totally counter productive. I mean if he was still at his peak as a coach I could just about understand it but....

That’s probably me done if we appoint him. I’ve been losing interest in football in general for a long time and not being remotely stimulated by the Euros has really highlighted this to me. Everton have also become a bit of a sideshow in my life with me either not watching or just putting games on in the background nowadays. I can’t be arsed with the lack of entertainment on the pitch and the whole ordeal when he’s gone inside 18 months and this starts all over again where we will inevitably make another stupid decision on the manager. I’m just totally apathetic and the main thing I actually like about Everton these days is this place.
Same, it's depressing to feel like that about something that has been a big part of my life for the best part of 40 years. For all of the PR about Everton being a family club, and I do appreciate how much EITC does in the local community, I've never felt further away from the club emotionally than I do right now. It may have something to do with not being able to go to the game because of the various lockdowns and when it was allowed last year I started going to my local non-league team with my son and I really enjoyed the community feel and lack of sponsors/weird kick off times for TV/millionaire bellends who stroll around the pitch like they can't be arsed. I rarely watch football that doesn't involve Everton on the telly now (I used to watch a lot) and I doubt I'll be tuning in too often for the dirge Benitez-ball that will be served up. The Moshiri era has sucked all of the joy out of supporting Everton. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, he just doesn't understand what the club means/meant to us and most likely he doesn't care. Benitez is just another symptom of that.

Not one of those “media” people will ask why Duncan continues to be retained will they? They don’t work for you, they work for themselves by being unofficial extensions to a clubs PR. Journalism doesn’t exist.

Apparently according to TalkSport the staff at FF have been told he's coming to Everton and that a couple of the coaches are being retained - one of them Ferguson.

FFS, this fraud will be with us forever.
Well, there you go.

Nuno was overlooked because he wasn't prepared to indulge the crony culture, whereas Benitez is happy to oblige.

This club is pathetic.

I am not certain he does.... he got sacked by them and I think he is a man that takes his grudges seriously.
Has he ever publicly said disparaging comments about them or acted in a way that tarnishes their view of him? If he has, I haven't personally seen it.

For many RS, he is held in high regard for their CL success.

Status
Not open for further replies.