New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical question - if he comes out and says something to absolutely throw Liverpool under the bus - does he become an Everton hero and an electable manager?
No he's still crap

It's happening

I need to find a way to hate him less, very quickly, otherwise I won't be able to stomach going to the match

Him winning games would help, but it won't be enough, but God knows how I make the leap from pathological hatred to being able to stomach him as the manager of the team I love in 6 weeks or whatever it is until the season starts
Tried to watch some videos with him being interviewed and his tactics last night, to try and accept it. All I see is big Kopite and I felt dirty afterwards...

Anything other than a massive success will be a massive failure.

Because he'd be such a divisive appointment the club would've sold its soul for mediocrity.

His football is outdated and no longer brings success (look at modern day Mourinho, twice the Manager Benitez was in their prime).

I don't think you'd necessarily get fan protests or boycotts because going to the game is more than just watching the game and supporting the team to many.

But whether it's your opinion or not there will be many fans who see this as a betrayal and plenty who will become disillusioned or lose interest - like myself.

Anyone at the club (the board, coaches) seen as being for this appointment will have their reputation damaged.

I don't want him. But if he is given the gig he has my full backing. Same as anyone would. Except Pardew. I'd lynch him myself the skinny Lou Carpenter wannabe sleaze bag. Neighbours? If Pardew was my neighbour I'd blow the street up

Why 7 years. Why not round it up to 10. Oh yeah because that wouldn't suit your narrative. Let's choose a time frame where he didn't win anything.

Well the last 7 years includes him managing Real Madrid and he won sod all there so think that helps get the point across.

'On 4 January 2016, Benítez's contract was terminated following allegations of unpopularity with supporters, displeasure with players and a failure to get good results against top sides.'

Change 2016 to 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.