Derby day injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tweet is beyond pathetic.

With that said, starting yet another thread about how it's fine because "they started it" is a bit of a joke as well.

Lads, it's ok to support Everton AND admit our players were in the wrong. Even if you don't care about the players on the receiving end:

- Pickford showed us once again why he shouldn't be trusted as #1 with a moment of rashness that could have cost us

- Richarlison gets himself banned for vital matches and, in so doing, threatens to derail our good, early momentum

Put this elsewhere on the wrong thread : I am often amazed that nobody in authority, i.e. their employers, appear to call out and correct these so-called football experts or pundits, who by some chance happen to be ex Red players, and constantly use the pronoun "we" when describing the RS. You don't need to be Evertonian to be annoyed by it. Souness was a great player and a dirty player who I would have had in my side anytime. Now he is just a hypocrite.

That tweet is beyond pathetic.

With that said, starting yet another thread about how it's fine because "they started it" is a bit of a joke as well.

Lads, it's ok to support Everton AND admit our players were in the wrong. Even if you don't care about the players on the receiving end:

- Pickford showed us once again why he shouldn't be trusted as #1 with a moment of rashness that could have cost us

- Richarlison gets himself banned for vital matches and, in so doing, threatens to derail our good, early momentum
I think that tweet is definitely a parody account.

I agree with your general point but I think that what gets everyone's back up is that the criticism is always one-sided, with no acknowledgement that the Liverpool players might have played some part in creating an aggressive reaction.

I think that tweet is definitely a parody account.

I agree with your general point but I think that what gets everyone's back up is that the criticism is always one-sided, with no acknowledgement that the Liverpool players might have played some part in creating an aggressive reaction.

I get that, mate, but I personally just enjoy the fact that "little, old Everton" are causing so much of a stir that they have to amplify our mistakes to try to overshadow our accomplishments so far.

And the fact they threw some nasty challenges at our lads and bounced off... Soz abar them.

I get that, mate, but I personally just enjoy the fact that "little, old Everton" are causing so much of a stir that they have to amplify our mistakes to try to overshadow our accomplishments so far.

And the fact they threw some nasty challenges at our lads and bounced off... Soz abar them.

It's understandable that Red pundits and supporters are outraged, and like you I can discount their views as unbalanced and take some satisfaction from their outrage.

However, I am a little concerned that the "stir" can have an impact in our future games, which has happened before with certain players being labelled as dirty or indisciplined, and more likely to be punished for even minor incidents.

It's understandable that Red pundits and supporters are outraged, and like you I can discount their views as unbalanced and take some satisfaction from their outrage.

However, I am a little concerned that the "stir" can have an impact in our future games, which has happened before with certain players being labelled as dirty or indisciplined, and more likely to be punished for even minor incidents.

A good point. I hadn't considered it that way.

It was Martin Atkinson who sent Rodwell off. I'd forgot that one.
Another Suarez fake injury. One of many, and that's just against Everton. Remember the horrible fouls on Mirallas and Distin in the same match which he got away with. And the diving! How did referees not see it all. He got away with murder.

He was defended by Reds, but a lot of them knew that he was a piece of work and were embarrassed.

He's remembered for his biting, which he was caught and penalised for, but I thought the many horrible tackles he got away with were worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.