Derby day injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned VVD two fouls in the first 5 mins to my RS and he said yeh fouls but he was rightly punished and weren’t career ending tackles. I was like hang on, didn’t even get a booking & that’s all just hindsight. Any bad challenge can end a career just so happens we were lucky and our players didn’t come off badly.

Just goes to show as I said before they pick and choose, if it had been keane fouling thier front runners the RS would have been shouting for a red.

Need to remember the pundits are largely ex RS players.

About the game and the result could it be said that we have turned the corner. Keep fingers crossed for next game.
Yep, and we have destroyed the whole narrative for the season. Liverpool going to equal the Utd record for most league wins.
Bet they had films and events planned already. Maybe a special trophy and everything.

In all seriousness we have upset them and they are crying like babies over it.

Anyone remember 1973
Mick Lyons header at Park end, disallowed for push when Lindsay didnt even jump
There was a photo of it in old pictures thread.
1977 Maine Road-say no more
1979 last minute winner from Trevor Ross disallowed in match Stanley got sent off
1980 Nulty career finished

Screenshot_2020-10-19-10-23-22-915_com.facebook.katana.jpg

The ball was blasted into his back. I was fuming at the time. The keeper chose to hit kick the ball. Hutchinson was retreating and not facing the keeper. It was robbery.
What I mean is, if he'd just blown the whistle and said he was too close to the free kick nobody would really have held on to it, because he was. I mean you just have to watch the goal on youtube or whatever and look at the crowd. That is not the reaction of a Gwladys Street that's just seen a last minute derby winner, it's relatively subdued because most people expected it to be ruled out. I said originally, of course we were bothered and booed etc but if you compare it to the absolute rage that met the Clattenburg or Atkinson decisions it wasn't even in the same league. It was when it became clear that it hadn't been disallowed for the reason we all thought it had that it became a massive deal, and rightly so.

The Poll one was still the worst - they had evidence right after that game that he’d lied and he suffered zero consequences for it.

He later admitted it.

There was a reason his nickname was Graham “Liver”poll.

Wasn’t just us, gave loads of decisions to favour them.

The poll/Hutchison one is a bit weird. My recollection is that at the time we were mainly accepting of the disallowed goal (in real terms I mean, it wasn’t anything like the sort of reaction to clattenburg etc) because most people sort of accepted he was too close to the free kick. The issue was that when poll explained it he didn’t say that at all, and so it very much came across like robbery.
Didn't Poll say he'd blown for full time, only for the telly to prove he was a lying sack of crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.