Derby day injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll/Hutchison one is a bit weird. My recollection is that at the time we were mainly accepting of the disallowed goal (in real terms I mean, it wasn’t anything like the sort of reaction to clattenburg etc) because most people sort of accepted he was too close to the free kick. The issue was that when poll explained it he didn’t say that at all, and so it very much came across like robbery.
The ball was blasted into his back. I was fuming at the time. The keeper chose to hit kick the ball. Hutchinson was retreating and not facing the keeper. It was robbery.

They can honestly do one, the amount I can recall just off the top of me head is insane.

A lot of the decisions that have went against us in this fixture have went on to cost us the game completely as well not just come away with a point like it wasn’t for them.

They can honestly do one, the amount I can recall just off the top of me head is insane.

A lot of the decisions that have went against us in this fixture have went on to cost us the game completely as well not just come away with a point like it wasn’t for them.
Van Dijk should have been on a yellow card and a warning within five minutes of the game starting. I'll be generous and say they should have had one red card from Mane / Robertson. Had those correct decisions have been made we'd have been in control of the game and the subsequent VAR drama would likely have been rendered irrelevant.

The ball was blasted into his back. I was fuming at the time. The keeper chose to hit kick the ball. Hutchinson was retreating and not facing the keeper. It was robbery.

Yeah, I was fuming at the time as well. The keeper took the kick quickly in an attempt to gain an advantage, but did so in such a comically bad fashion that it went off Hutch’s back and into the goal. It absolutely should have stood as a goal, and Graham Poll later admitted that he got it completely wrong.

Dunno where this idea of us being accepting of it comes from, I’m still angry about it now! I was bloody livid at the time.

Yeah, I was fuming at the time as well. The keeper took the kick quickly in an attempt to gain an advantage, but did so in such a comically bad fashion that it went off Hutch’s back and into the goal. It absolutely should have stood as a goal, and Graham Poll later admitted that he got it completely wrong.

Dunno where this idea of us being accepting of it comes from, I’m still angry about it now! I was bloody livid at the time.
Just thinking about that has got me all riled again.
im off to take my blood pressure tablets.

Van Dijk should have been on a yellow card and a warning within five minutes of the game starting. I'll be generous and say they should have had one red card from Mane / Robertson. Had those correct decisions have been made we'd have been in control of the game and the subsequent VAR drama would likely have been rendered irrelevant.

I mentioned VVD two fouls in the first 5 mins to my RS and he said yeh fouls but he was rightly punished and weren’t career ending tackles. I was like hang on, didn’t even get a booking & that’s all just hindsight. Any bad challenge can end a career just so happens we were lucky and our players didn’t come off badly.

Just a thought, but looking at the billions of pics from different angles of THAT challenge, I'm astounded that Pickford didn't sustain just as serious an injury as VvD.
I know he can be a idiot at times but even he didn't deliberately intend to carry out an action where he could get a serious injury.

We saw a different attitude from our players on Saturday. We showed a lot more mettle to get back in the game, twice. Let’s hope we see a different Everton hierarchy now. The narrative has to be changed. There wasn’t an injustice fir one side, you can argue that we had more injustices happen to us and they’re not even being discussed. The mabegement, directors need to be saying that’s it’s great to look at all the incidents on Saturday, but look at them objectively, and look at ALL of them. Mane (2) and Robertson are getting away with it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.