Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
the consistency is much applauded.

If the club had the same outlook as the fans they would have thrown a few more coin around and brought in players to pad the squad out in terms of depth to give us a massive chance of top 4 but from an accounting/wages perspective it probably didnt make sense based on the lack of money brought in compared to our summer outlay.

I think the club will accept 7th as a good season considering where we was last season - personally I'll be gutted if we dont finish at least 6th based on how crap Utd look compared to us but thats from a fans perspective.

If our financial situation wasn’t the way it probably is atm, I’d say it’s foolish not to bring in a replacement for Moise. Our hands may be tied until we offload a couple of dudes. Maybe in Jan

If the club had the same outlook as the fans they would have thrown a few more coin around and brought in players to pad the squad out in terms of depth to give us a massive chance of top 4 but from an accounting/wages perspective it probably didnt make sense based on the lack of money brought in compared to our summer outlay.

I think the club will accept 7th as a good season considering where we was last season - personally I'll be gutted if we dont finish at least 6th based on how crap Utd look compared to us but thats from a fans perspective.

This is our year. Need to believe. CL and hopefully a trophy.

I think we're lucky to have had the window we have had tbh given our squad, January is 3 months away for any emergencies.

In truth, losing DCL would also not be the end of the world for a lot of games, which sounds bizarre as someone who is a massive fan of him. Losing him when he's on this scoring glut would be awful, but I'm sure he will "regress to mean" at some point and be on course for 25 goals this season (which is world class in domestic comps).

However Richarlinson can fill it at 9 and is probably more rounded than DCL and may even go up another notch. Iwobi/Gordon can come in on the left, and provide a different threat, while lesser than Richarlinson not so much lesser. I think Richarlinson would be dynamite on the counter as well, even more so than DCL. I suspect it's why Carlo has played him in there in the last 20 of games, where we need to counter. DCL is learnign this, and improving, but Richarlinson is very good.

You are right though, we have to gamble a bit. There will be games where 1 of them isn't playing, and at times maybe 2 are not playing. The argument is, and I've put the shout for Buendia, but is he better than say Gordon or Iwobi? Thats going to be the question.

The only lose game we've really had was Palace away, and the rest you sense if 1 of the above 3 was missing we'd have had enough, though it may have been close. We need Pickford to stop throwing it in the net, so on days where they are not at their best, or a couple are missing we can win ugly.

These are very much the discussions and levels you have when you compete for the league though. If we fall short of getting there this season, it's by no means a failure. If we can finish in the top 4, with everything else thats happening here, we will be attracting a whole ne calibre of player as we begin to add.

We also have to bear in mind, January is not a long way away. It's 2.5 months. If something horrendous happens, we can put it right quite quickly.

The other 2
Buy Benrahma and then if DCL gets injured just move Richarlison across and Benrahma to LW and if either Richarlison or Rodriguez gets injured then Benrahma can slot in on either side.

If the club had the same outlook as the fans it would have gone bankrupt decades ago.

I imagine the club will be happy with 7th this season and anything higher would be considered a welcome bonus.

As fans we hope for top 4 but ultimately the club dont look at it from a fans perspective rather than an accounting one so they'll likely persist with Tosun as back up who they were happy to try offload to Palace only a few months ago!
It's the international break lad, we are top playing as well as we have done for 33 years. We got rid of some amazingly crap players and brought in some amazingly good players. Enjoy it. I'm a big moaner myself but i refuse to worry about the what if such and such gets injured. We bought a young promising centre half on Monday that cost 20m and he is our 4th choice CB. Think about that we couldn't afford a lawnmower 7 years ago.

I hope we can try get Milik & Donnarumma on pre contract agreements in January considering both will only have 6 months left on their deals.

....finally we appear to have a transfer strategy, any acquisitions need to fit the way we want to play. I read a report from a foreign outlet today that Ancelotti refused to sanction a move for Milik because he wants forwards who counter-attack.

Also, Buendia isn't really what we need, is he?

Good player but we need a forward, not another playmaker (I know he plays in that James role so in that sense would be excellent back-up but we are packed in wide areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.