Where and when did it all start going awry for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me if was around the start of the Premier League, Sir Philip Carter was one of the main people who helped set that up, then we stood still and watched other clubs grow to unreachable levels. Obviously im not blaming Carter, but we had a foundation at a time when other club such as Chelsea and Spurs didnt have an advantage on us

No doubt I will get hammered for this , but...

As a Red but with a lot of time for Everton, I can't help when I read these posts that people need to move on.

Heysel was awful and a disgrace which I am ashamed of. Yes it punished the innocent and in particular Everton. You might have got onto a cycle of European success and been in a better place to attract and keep the best players.

BUT IT WAS THIRTY THREE YEARS AGO.

If you want to keep going back to it nothing will be fixed. There have been plenty of opportunities and wrong turns since then. Fans telling themselves players, coaches and managers were better than they were. But maybe more importantly, not enough fight.

Remember Liverpool less than six years ago were under Hicks and Gilette. Full of debt. Settling for second-best and claiming it was world-class. Dragging Dalglish out of retirement for yet another try.

H and G ran out of road financially, but as important was that the fans made it clear this was not the club they loved. They marched, they demonstrated, they hammered the phone-ins, and made them very much aware they expected better.

Come on guys. Speak up.

You have a fine manager. He didn't have to come to Everton. He must have known it was a big job, He needs dramatic support from the club and you can play your part in demanding it too. Otherwise I think he might walk.

And a question...is Liverpool big enough for TWO top clubs? Manchester is, but I have my doubts here.

As a Red but with a lot of time for Everton, I can't help when I read these posts that people need to move on.

Heysel was awful and a disgrace which I am ashamed of. Yes it punished the innocent and in particular Everton. You might have got onto a cycle of European success and been in a better place to attract and keep the best players.

If you want to keep going back to it nothing will be fixed. There have been plenty of opportunities and wrong turns since then. Fans telling themselves players, coaches and managers were better than they were. But maybe more importantly, not enough fight.

Remember Liverpool less than six years ago were under Hicks and Gilette. Full of debt. Settling for second-best and claiming it was world-class. Dragging Dalglish out of retirement for yet another try.

H and G ran out of road financially, but as important was that the fans made it clear this was not the club they loved. They marched, they demonstrated, they hammered the phone-ins, and made them very much aware they expected better.

Come on guys. Speak up.

You have a fine manager. He didn't have to come to Everton. He must have known it was a big job, He needs dramatic support from the club and you can play your part in demanding it too. Otherwise I think he might walk.

And a question...is Liverpool big enough for TWO top clubs? Manchester is, but I have my doubts here.
Yes mate let’s forget about Heysel.

Come on guys. Speak up.

Surely the answer to the question is yes since there have been two top division sides in the city for donkeys years.

For the image we now have within the game I totally blame Fat Head. He is a theatrical lovvie who played with us as his ego boost. Between him and Moyes we sold player after player for massive bucks and settled for taking a pen knife to a gun fight.

We are also sadly quite unlucky. 39 Champions then the War broke out. 71 Catterick's decline in every way and then Hysel.

For the image we now have within the game I totally blame Fat Head. He is a theatrical lovvie who played with us as his ego boost. Between him and Moyes we sold player after player for massive bucks and settled for taking a pen knife to a gun fight.

We are also sadly quite unlucky. 39 Champions then the War broke out. 71 Catterick's decline in every way and then Hysel.
We were also reigning champions when WW1 began and the season was voided a few games in.
So yeah , we certainly don’t get much luck.

Think a lot of that was that those footballers wanted to play in Europe. Think even Howard went to Spain was it Bilbao because he wanted European football
Yeah that's all true can't dispute it, but compared to signing Barnes, Houghton, Beardsley and Aldridge. We signed Nevin,McDonald,Mark Ward and Peter Beagrie. The recruitment was awful after the 87 season, Cottee and Stuart McCall and the aforementioned players all decent but not top notch.

Come on guys. Speak up.

Are Liverpool Fc moving to Oslo then??

Status
Not open for further replies.