Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're 100% right this is not something that lawyers and football clubs should be looking to make even more money from. But they will try, that is for sure...

If a football club feel harshly treated, because the league take unfair decisions which cost them money, why shouldn't they seek compensation?

If a football club feel harshly treated, because the league take unfair decisions which cost them money, why shouldn't they seek compensation?

i wholeheartedly agree and think they will. Some here arguing that they wont because of poor PR in the backdrop of the pandemic

Apologies if I was unclear, but the Bold above us a quote from another poster

Italy has needed two weeks of lockdown just to start to see the curve decreasing, it would then need to be maintained beyond that just to ensure the curve keeps going down. We could easily be looking at 6 week lockdown as a minimum. That would be the middle of May before players could even think about getting out of their houses let alone going back to training.
Football with spectators is done for 2020. Perhaps until a vaccine is available. That will take 18 month. So you can lay your head to rest, the season is over, and nobody knows when the next season will start. The rest is only laughable bullshit!

Football with spectators is done for 2020. Perhaps until a vaccine is available. That will take 18 month. So you can lay your head to rest, the season is over, and nobody knows when the next season will start. The rest is only laughable bullshit!

Have to agree with this. I'm isolated for 'a minimum of 12 weeks' as I'm high risk, and they don't build a temporary 4000 bed 'hospital' in London unless they expect to use it...and no doubt it can easily be turned into a morgue if necessary. Not one for being downbeat, but one has to be realistic and understand that in the UK and USA the worst is yet to come. Stay safe everyone.

Look to take each point you've made on it's merits. I'm not sure my comment was really an interpretation. I think it's a fairly reasonable and widely accepted truth, that the expectation we hold on indefinitely to re-start a season is unreasonable. Anyone who thinks in such a way is acting unreasonably, and I'm sure the collective viewpoint willre-enforce that when the time is right. We all face limits on everything we do, so it becomes a question of where you set the limits. Personally, I believe June 30th, as UEFA have stated is a pretty reasonably compromise we can all sign up too. It allows an extension to run to the very last day contracts exist for.

While I have an interest in what happens, I try to be as objective as possible on this thread. I don't think all options are "fine" either. I don't think it's "fine" that decisions that will cost people hundreds of millions of pounds should be based upon a radical overhaul of the rules mid season (for example on the contractual situation) or a situation where players have a restraint of trade is fine, or that smaller clubs go out of business is fine. Those things are objectively not fine to me. I also think they are not fine to most decent, objective people.

Likewise, allowing an algorithm to decide results, or pretending that maths and statistics are objective and not subject to the biases of the inputter is problematic.

Irrespective of whether they are fine or not though, they will not be legally defensible. That is what is going to govern this decision. In the end I'm a realist, we need a solution that can stand up to scrutiny.

As for the final point, I think it's very different to be acknowledging that we are running out of time and trying to bring the debate forward to the realities of where we are at, compared to those people like Michael Owen, who are claiming things are going "great" and we will "be playing in April" contrary to all scientific advice. One approach is trying to take the virus seriously, the other is trying to minimise it;s damage and will lead to more deaths.
The interpretation (and it is) you made was saying the league is on hold to try to ensure Liverpool win it.

The fact is, you would rather void it and Liverpool not inevitably win the league than continue when safe to do so. You're not being objective at all.

If there is no football until June, how can players really keep fit at home, no coaches around, no ,manager to set the team for a game, if a player gets injured in a game where is he taken for treatment as USM FF shut?

Seems if you have money you can get tested for this virus. Govt advice is if you feel unwell self isolate even though it may not be the virus. Meanwhile if you have money e.g prince Charles, footballers and celebrities if you feel unwell get tested if you have the virus self isolate. Meanwhile you mings just self isolate and only bother us if you get worse after 5 days and are on deaths door.

Status
Not open for further replies.