Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's amazing how you throw that back if someone has a different view on things. Sad TBH - you asked for reasons why not to void it, I have just given you three.

again....
How do you just start again, please explain this part????

Sad? You're calling an Evertonian posting on an Everton forum sad? Take a look in the mirror ffs, stop crying about this season and move on.

it's amazing how you throw that back if someone has a different view on things. Sad TBH - you asked for reasons why not to void it, I have just given you three.

again....

Get on this ones post history for an isolation laugh.

It’s always the same things that give them away, with this one it’s

- first post in a Liverpool thread
- Weird dislike of Pickford
- Constant talking about City and FFP

You’re pretending to be an Everton fan on an Internet forum, do you tell your mates about that or?

again....

Get on this ones post history for an isolation laugh.

It’s always the same things that give them away, with this one it’s

- first post in a Liverpool thread
- Weird dislike of Pickford
- Constant talking about City and FFP

You’re pretending to be an Everton fan on an Internet forum, do you tell your mates about that or?
I know it’s sad, but is there a report function? Or does GOT not do that for rawks in disguise?

But that's your interpretation of why it might overrun so far. The whole of the football world IS on standby, not waiting to "gift" Liverpool the title, but indefinitely until we're in a safe environment once more.

As distasteful as you find Liverpool supporters suggesting the season should be completed whenever, it's equally distasteful all the opposition still clamouring for the season to be "voided immediately with no positions finalised".

Who cares what happens; leave it to the authorities to sort out as and when. If it's all voided with no positions finalised, fine. If they decide to compete this season whenever (3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.), fine. If it's void and fix all positions as are, fine. If it's use a simulator to decide the final positions, fine.

I have a partner who has 3 of the conditions that render her in the high-risk category, so is housebound for 12 weeks minimum. I have a father in a more precarious position than that.

Whether Liverpool fans are celebrating winning, being awarded or even gifted the title, who cares? Whether Everton, Utd, City, etc. fans are all celebrating Liverpool not winning the title, who cares?

By the time we're out of this unprecedented situation, we'll be lucky not to have lost any relatives or loved ones.

Football can wait until FAR greater issues are resolved and constantly banging the drum about what is or isn't morally the right thing to do to "preserve the integrity of the football league", from both ends of the spectrum, is crass at best!

Stay safe; peace out.

Look to take each point you've made on it's merits. I'm not sure my comment was really an interpretation. I think it's a fairly reasonable and widely accepted truth, that the expectation we hold on indefinitely to re-start a season is unreasonable. Anyone who thinks in such a way is acting unreasonably, and I'm sure the collective viewpoint willre-enforce that when the time is right. We all face limits on everything we do, so it becomes a question of where you set the limits. Personally, I believe June 30th, as UEFA have stated is a pretty reasonably compromise we can all sign up too. It allows an extension to run to the very last day contracts exist for.

While I have an interest in what happens, I try to be as objective as possible on this thread. I don't think all options are "fine" either. I don't think it's "fine" that decisions that will cost people hundreds of millions of pounds should be based upon a radical overhaul of the rules mid season (for example on the contractual situation) or a situation where players have a restraint of trade is fine, or that smaller clubs go out of business is fine. Those things are objectively not fine to me. I also think they are not fine to most decent, objective people.

Likewise, allowing an algorithm to decide results, or pretending that maths and statistics are objective and not subject to the biases of the inputter is problematic.

Irrespective of whether they are fine or not though, they will not be legally defensible. That is what is going to govern this decision. In the end I'm a realist, we need a solution that can stand up to scrutiny.

As for the final point, I think it's very different to be acknowledging that we are running out of time and trying to bring the debate forward to the realities of where we are at, compared to those people like Michael Owen, who are claiming things are going "great" and we will "be playing in April" contrary to all scientific advice. One approach is trying to take the virus seriously, the other is trying to minimise it;s damage and will lead to more deaths.

again....

You do what they did the last time this happened with football. Or in 1972 when it happened with Rugby in the 5 nations. Or what they have done in Sweden with their ice hockey league etc.

You void the results in an incomplete season, and you endeavour to start it again from scratch once we have the all clear to begin. We will have had a long rest, we will have different squads, different signings, different players that have left, a break that is likely longer than any break between seasons in living memory. It will also allow us as a society to move forward from what is going to be a hideous time for people. Its very easy to do, and in truth has pretty much always been whats done in situations where you can't complete an event.

All the reasons you give affect the next 2 or 3 seasons
In fixing one perceived problem you create 3 or 4 more
Euros gone ,Olympics gone
If next season starts anywhere near schedule I will be amazed
This season will be known as the season that never was

Yeah they are - because it is my belief that they will restructure everything over a multiyear plan to get everyone back on track. My view is that this will be done UEFA wide and all of the major leagues in europe will fall into line.

The olympics and Euros are not gone, they are delayed 12 months and I think if its 12 months from now, football will still probably pick up where it left off

As every season starts, with each and every one starting with zero points! But absolutely don't start it until it is 100% safe to start it, with full stadiums! Safety is the priority nothing else matters any more!

of course safety is the priority & as I have said all along here, I dont think there is a chance of a game being played behind closed doors. Football should only return at any level when it is safe everywhere!

So everyone starts at Zero?

What happens when Leeds win their appeal to complete the Championship season at CAS for example before a PL ball can be kicked & West Ham are suspended from the league for refusing to return TV rights money & that ends up in the Supreme court. Do West Hams games just get scratched? does the PL sit and twiddle it's thumbs while the Championship plays out & then is it a 23 team league because the Championship teams have won a legal challenge to their right to appeal and the PL has voided???

Extreme examples, but you see the point

of course safety is the priority & as I have said all along here, I dont think there is a chance of a game being played behind closed doors. Football should only return at any level when it is safe everywhere!

What happens when Leeds win their appeal to complete the Championship season at CAS for example before a PL ball can be kicked & West Ham are suspended from the league for refusing to return TV rights money & that ends up in the Supreme court. Do West Hams games just get scratched? does the PL sit and twiddle it's thumbs while the Championship plays out & then is it a 23 team league because the Championship teams have won a legal challenge to their right to appeal and the PL has voided???

But what about The Baggies? and all those on the playoffs?

The PL will simply claim force majeure and there's bugger-all any lawsuit can do about it.
Also, starting over is simply that. Starting over. All teams with 0 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses and 0 points.
And your 19-game suggestion is laughable at best -- who decides which teams get the extra home game, who has to play away at City, United, the Crimson Crud and who gets them at home, etc. And it's not a long enough season on which to pin a relegation system. It's simply not an even playing field in any stretch of the imagination.
Seems to me anyone coming up with "solutions" to get the 2019-20 season finished has one agenda and one agenda only.

What if they don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.