January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
take back control? When did the fans ever have control to take it back? What a load of arrant nonsense.

unless someone has 500mill or so, Moshiri is our man, so instead of constant sniping, why not just support the club or go away and support someone else.

Sarcasm always a tricky one on forums.

I agree mate but in all honesty I've never really seen him as that type of player.

He's basically James McCarthy with a bit more technical skill but less tenacity if you get me. He'll put himself about, but won't really have a major impact going forward. Better passer but not exactly a string puller.

We desperately need a player who can progress the ball by running with it. From what I've seen over the past two/three seasons, that isn't him at all.

We do, but we also need someone who has a bit of composure infront of the back four on the ball. Delph should have been that but he's injured every other week

5890ABF9-2DD2-46A7-BA56-E1EFD25DABB2.jpeg

#manifesto

It's much riskier if we get it wrong. The lad could be a great player, I really dont know. I'm just worried about signings like Delph were theyve been a complete disaster and now we're stuck with him for years on massive wages.

We cannot afford more bad recruitment at this point. It has to be fewer players but quality ones only.

I don’t think Delph is a complete disaster tbh. He’s an adequate squad player, I suspect we’ll see him at left back sometimes next season. The disaster was Gomes and Gbamin getting injured.

This is why I'd prefer it being a loan. He just seems very similar to gbamin. We need a proper powerhouse in the fernandinho, yaya, dembele, doucoure mould. That's what we're missing and if that has to wait until the summer, who do we then offload? After schneiderlin, we'd need to offload another, is it Davies, or Delph? Can't see us selling either one of them to fit in the powerhouse tbh.
Hmm, not sure on that tbh.

Agree on the powerhouse kind of thing, but Vecino isn't really a similar player to Gbamin either.

I agree mate but in all honesty I've never really seen him as that type of player.

He's basically James McCarthy with a bit more technical skill but less tenacity if you get me. He'll put himself about, but won't really have a major impact going forward. Better passer but not exactly a string puller.

We desperately need a player who can progress the ball by running with it. From what I've seen over the past two/three seasons, that isn't him at all.

....looks a runner to me, takes the ball on the turn and makes ground but I’m only talking from watching his clips. We really need players who are brave and composed in possession.

i AM LITERALLY GOING BY YOUTUBE VIDS BUT IN ALL OF THEM HE CARRIES THE BALL MORE AND BETTER THAN any OF OUR PLAYERS AT PRESENT.

Stpupid caps lock

:D

Aye, it's not really saying much like cause we have nobody who can do it (or at least, nobody who is fit).

If we sign him, I'll be behind him and hope he proves me wrong. A loan would make a lot more sense though, lets put it that way.

Definitely not a bad player. Just not sure he's what our midfield currently needs. Happy to be proved wrong.

It's not. The footprint is big enough if there's a will to compulsory purchase at the back of the Bullens Road.

It's doable; the logistics are there and proven by fan groups in the past.

No, it would still be in a dismal built up area, no place for a state of thje art stadium. Also as I said it would require a complete demolition and rebuild, plus what do we with the chiurch?

Heavens it would a blue shed!!!! got enough with that red over the way.

Hope we do get Soares in. We need more goals from midfield and out wide. He's a good age too.

We need to.stop buying older players, 28+ unless they are top drawer and are going to make the difference between us getting Europe or not.

Most of the players we buy should be young and hungry to prove themselves.

....looks a runner to me, takes the ball on the turn and makes ground but I’m only talking from watching his clips. We really need players who are brave and composed in possession.

Maybe it's the way he was deployed at Inter. Spalletti's system last season was a lot more defensive so most of his work was done deeper.

At Fiorentina he was given more freedom but still wasn't exactly a bombarding player.

For Uruguay he's often been shifted wide left because they have about 18 CMs and CBs and no wide players.

Hope we do get Soares in. We need more goals from midfield and out wide. He's a good age too.

We need to.stop buying older players, 28+ unless they are top drawer and are going to make the difference between us getting Europe or not.

Most of the players we buy should be young and hungry to prove themselves.

Likle Vercino???

Status
Not open for further replies.