Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
S02E02-kqeHpgR7-subtitled.jpg

12m is short change to usmanov. Seriously it would only take a matter of days to earn that in interest. We have waited and hoped for his involvement in the club, without doubt he is the game changer for our club moving forward. Let’s face it Ancelotti wouldn’t have been recruited if usmanov wasn’t pulling the strings behind the scenes. It won’t happen overnight, but the pieces are being put in place off the pitch, we just now need to start delivering on it.

The FT interview is beginning to make a bit of sense now, I’m beginning to think there was a bit of strategy behind it. Obviously all knew this deal was going to come off. But Usi suggested he could sponsor and or threatened he could become a shareholder and buy in. To me that’s daring the PL to call this in and if they do, he’s willing to be more overt in his investment and come directly in.

Will the PL really marginalize a high profile Russian linked business man politically, will they open this can of worms and holistically what that could mean for others. Are the PL open to accusations of creating a top 6 cartel.

This is going to be fun.
What amazes me is the constant doubting of these lads and their ability to massage the figures
I know there are accountants and businessmen on here ,but lets be honest none of them are at the same level as Moshiri and usmanov.
How many seen the 30m for the option to bid coming ??
It was all doom and gloom over the 110 m losses 4 hrs ago

The FT interview is beginning to make a bit of sense now, I’m beginning to think there was a bit of strategy behind it. Obviously all knew this deal was going to come off. But Usi suggested he could sponsor and or threatened he could become a shareholder and buy in. To me that’s daring the PL to call this in and if they do, he’s willing to be more overt in his investment and come directly in.

Will the PL really marginalize a high profile Russian linked business man politically, will they open this can of worms and holistically what that could mean for others. Are the PL open to accusations of creating a top 6 cartel.

This is going to be fun.

To be honest the seed had already been planted when moshiri left Arsenal. It’s just too covert for people to see thru.

Hope so, it’s pretty obvious it’s financial doping, not that I have problem with that.

I think the regulatory rule is you have to show that it’s the market rate, as far as I know.

Spurs and West Ham are having trouble finding a naming parter at all, we have Mosh’s best mate paying 10s of millions for the option.

Luckily the PL are pretty ineffective when it comes to this, do they really want to open that can of worms.

Haha we’re up to our necks in it here.

I suspect it's very hard to enforce. We can legitimately argue.
1) We are a far bigger, more successful club than other of the above. Have won more leagues than both combined.

2) In WEST hams case they have moved to an athletics tracks synonymous with the Olympics, they dont own the stadium and any corporate partner would fear it is associated with the Olympics. Spurs are building a stadium that is at the same site as before, so it's not new in the same way.

3) Our location is state of the art, theirs is not.

4) They are not the first clubs in their city. Indeed they are not in the top two most successful in their city.

I could go on. However it would be hard to argue any of the above. It is only logical we could attract higher sponsorship than them.

What amazes me is the constant doubting of these lads and their ability to massage the figures
I know there are accountants and businessmen on here ,but lets be honest none of them are at the same level as Moshiri and usmanov.

Spot on fella. ;)

I’m surprised if I’m honest, I’ve been feeling glum over this set of accounts, I’m surprised by the debt/loss figure. It shows tremendous commitment by let’s say Mosh privately, it means he’s put a hell of a lot of money into the club to cover the losses. I didn’t see the USM thing. To be fair it wasn’t logical to expect the USM thing, its money for nothing. it’s unprecedented in the history of the game as far as I can see. Losses are never ideal mind, they use revenue that’s better used elsewhere, much of it was avoidable with better decisions.

The increase in Sposorship away from the Usm deal is very very encouraging. Our overall turnover from Sponsorship has grown by about 15 mill from what I can see. That cover a huge loss in European Revenue that was in the last set of accounts. Turnover is marginally down, but should be significantly down without Europe, it’s not.

The USM thing could be game changing, I posted last week, that we didn’t need wealthy owners we needed income to meet FFP and grow the business and get money into the business. Sasha has done really well with small fry sponsorship, that gives us baseline 180 mill turnover annually without Europe.

The USM deal gives a turnover next year of potentially 206 mill. That’s before you look at player trading and contracts ending, that could free up revenue. Interestingly if my figures are right that increase is almost the deficit of net player trading for the summer.

If only we had invested better and made better decisions on players we would be nicely placed to make more, that and making better decisions with managers, both those things have been millstones holistically.

Last edited:
I suspect it's very hard to enforce. We can legitimately argue.
1) We are a far bigger, more successful club than other of the above. Have won more leagues than both combined.

2) In WEST hams case they have moved to an athletics tracks synonymous with the Olympics, they dont own the stadium and any corporate partner would fear it is associated with the Olympics. Spurs are building a stadium that is at the same site as before, so it's not new in the same way.

3) Our location is state of the art, theirs is not.

4) They are not the first clubs in their city. Indeed they are not in the top two most successful in their city.

I could go on. However it would be hard to argue any of the above. It is only logical we could attract higher sponsorship than them.
lets put this in perspective.
How may of those clubs have
A state of the art purpose built architect designed stadium.
A waterfront stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey
A stadium in a world famous city ,home of the Beatles.
A stadium built sympathetically on a World Heritage Site
A stadium that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of tourists as the sail up the Mersey on large cruise ships
A stadium that is an anchor for a multi billion waterfront development
A stadium that will be hosting CL football with one of the worlds most decorated managers in charge
A stadium that when lit up at night with its lights reflecting off the water will be the envy of millions
A stadium whose nearest rival is a 100 plus year old carbuncle with a couple of loft extensions tacked on at the expense of hundreds of people made homeless
Now how much is that worth a year to any prospective bidder.

I'm not being horrible, but these guys know how to potentially evade tax laws in countries, FFP is not going to prove too difficult as we have seen.

Between the two of us, we have a hole lost of reasons as why why we would expect a sponsorship substantially higher than Tottenham.

If the PL had an issue with it, I'd love to see them try to take Usmanov to court. There would only be one winner, and his legal fees would be too hot for the PL.

What's clever is we have established the 30 million figure. You know loads of "useful idiots" Kopites will report it as 30 million a year. Of course it isn't that and so the PL can do very little initially. However it will plant a seed into the football community and the wider business community it is, with the whining that will follow.

Dont be too surprised if that's the benchmark when the stadium is build whereby we begin negotiations, either with USM or AN other.

Status
Not open for further replies.