January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh get him out the side,
The stats don't lie,
And I'm starting to hate this guy,
Gylffi's real slow,
Don't you see Carlo we need momentum

If Ancelotti has identified a new goal keeper as a priority then I am happy. Pickford is turning into the new Joe Hart for me. An authoritative calming influence is what is needed there and that does not describe Pickford. Good luck finding one of those Marcel!

...it confirms to me how important it is to sell some players when their stock is high. Lots had doubts about Pickford from the off, but his profile was high after performances for England in the World Cup.

Pienaar was never a huge goal threat. His link up with Baines was always his best quality along with his ability to hold the ball in tight areas. Same as Bernie.
People who can’t see a footballer in Bernie have been blinded in the way a smokers tastebuds are dead.

We tick so much more with Bernie because he is good on the ball, should he score more goals? Yeah. Does he make other players around him a better player? Absolutely.
No one said he was a bad footballer, total opposite just that he is not a goal threat

It would appear Carlo has made a judgement call on Pickford. Not clear who, at the top end of the table at least and who could afford the fee/wages he would command, might presently need a new keeper. Is he a better option than anyone wearing a No 1 above us? Debatable.. Schmeichel is getting on but no chance he would go to sit on the bench there, Spurs perhaps... but unlikely to pay whatever he is on with us, Arsenal maybe.. We may be stuck with him regardless of Carlo's view.

In terms of a replacement, Moyes just signed Darren Randolph from Boro for a cut price 4m. Has always looked reliable, when I have seen him for Ireland, and is a popular unassuming fella by all accounts. He runs a keeper academy here in Dublin - where they have coached my sons club team - and have only heard positive feedback. We need an infusion of a number of solid characters to this motley bunch.

32, yes, but for 4m, that is good business by Moyes to be fair.

It would appear Carlo has made a judgement call on Pickford. Not clear who, at the top end of the table at least and who could afford the fee/wages he would command, might presently need a new keeper. Is he a better option than anyone wearing a No 1 above us? Debatable.. Schmeichel is getting on but no chance he would go to sit on the bench there, Spurs perhaps... but unlikely to pay whatever he is on with us, Arsenal maybe.. We may be stuck with him regardless of Carlo's view.

In terms of a replacement, Moyes just signed Darren Randolph from Boro for a cut price 4m. Has always looked reliable, when I have seen him for Ireland, and is a popular unassuming fella by all accounts. He runs a keeper academy here in Dublin - where they have coached my sons club team - and have only heard positive feedback. We need an infusion of a number of solid characters to this motley bunch.

32, yes, but for 4m, that is good business by Moyes to be fair.

If we want a new keeper I think Pope would be a good option

The sell to buy idea seems to be gaining momentum and if so we are in a bit of trouble here. We need to replace probably half the first team squad and add some steel to the squad as well. With sell to buy, we are struggling as we can only replace so many first team players before we go full circle and have to include a Schneiderlin/Sigurdson and dare I say, Pickford in the team.

I want Carlo to go full bore youth, and let them restore some pride in the badge.

DCL, Kean and Gordon; SigurDerlin transfer listed.

Sadly I've been banging the SigurDerlin drum for months now, but they just keep getting picked; sad!

The sell to buy idea seems to be gaining momentum and if so we are in a bit of trouble here. We need to replace probably half the first team squad and add some steel to the squad as well. With sell to buy, we are struggling as we can only replace so many first team players before we go full circle and have to include a Schneiderlin/Sigurdson and dare I say, Pickford in the team.

I want Carlo to go full bore youth, and let them restore some pride in the badge.

DCL, Kean and Gordon; SigurDerlin transfer listed.

Sadly I've been banging the SigurDerlin drum for months now, but they just keep getting picked; sad!

We have the cash, but we need to make sure we comply to FFP.

We need some outgoing before we can bring people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.