January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sell to buy idea seems to be gaining momentum and if so we are in a bit of trouble here. We need to replace probably half the first team squad and add some steel to the squad as well. With sell to buy, we are struggling as we can only replace so many first team players before we go full circle and have to include a Schneiderlin/Sigurdson and dare I say, Pickford in the team.

I want Carlo to go full bore youth, and let them restore some pride in the badge.

DCL, Kean and Gordon; SigurDerlin transfer listed.

Sadly I've been banging the SigurDerlin drum for months now, but they just keep getting picked; sad!

You're not going to change the whole team in a month. You're just not. It's not only unworkable, it's undesirable.

DCL and Kean are going nowhere.

Our youth teamers aren't good enough.

A central defender ready to hit the ground running and another body in midfield and I'll be happy on the acquistion front in january. If Brands can continue his good work in offloading the likes of Tosun and Niasse and anyone else who is on the fringes of the first 11 then even better.

In terms of first teamers to go then Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin would be prime candidates. On current form, who would take them, however?

The sell to buy idea seems to be gaining momentum and if so we are in a bit of trouble here. We need to replace probably half the first team squad and add some steel to the squad as well. With sell to buy, we are struggling as we can only replace so many first team players before we go full circle and have to include a Schneiderlin/Sigurdson and dare I say, Pickford in the team.

I want Carlo to go full bore youth, and let them restore some pride in the badge.

DCL, Kean and Gordon; SigurDerlin transfer listed.

Sadly I've been banging the SigurDerlin drum for months now, but they just keep getting picked; sad!
This was always going to happen, once the reported losses started to come out.
But imo
Ancelotti never comes here with out serious money on offer

And there’s no way Moshiri spends 70mil in salaries for Ancelotti and his team. And then not spend any money.,

It would appear Carlo has made a judgement call on Pickford. Not clear who, at the top end of the table at least and who could afford the fee/wages he would command, might presently need a new keeper. Is he a better option than anyone wearing a No 1 above us? Debatable.. Schmeichel is getting on but no chance he would go to sit on the bench there, Spurs perhaps... but unlikely to pay whatever he is on with us, Arsenal maybe.. We may be stuck with him regardless of Carlo's view.

In terms of a replacement, Moyes just signed Darren Randolph from Boro for a cut price 4m. Has always looked reliable, when I have seen him for Ireland, and is a popular unassuming fella by all accounts. He runs a keeper academy here in Dublin - where they have coached my sons club team - and have only heard positive feedback. We need an infusion of a number of solid characters to this motley bunch.

32, yes, but for 4m, that is good business by Moyes to be fair.
Been one of Irelands best players over the last few years. Very underrated.

We have the cash, but we need to make sure we comply to FFP.

We need some outgoing before we can bring people in.

This.

I hate to go all Esk on everyone, but there are no quick fixes here. We might want to get rid of loads of players, but because of FFP there are minimum amounts we can sell these players for without negatively affecting our FFP position (which is already fairly precarious)

Schneiderlin - approx £10m
Sigurdsson - approx £20m
Tosun - approx £14m
Walcott - approx £10m
Keane - approx £15m

And then you factor in the harsh reality that most of those players are on six figure weekly salaries - realistically we are not going to sell them without hurting ourselves from a FFP perspective, which impacts our ability to replace them. The best you can hope for is that we get the wages off the books and loan them out until their value is low enough to convince someone to take them.

The only way we change that is by selling someone at a big profit to enable us to take hits on those players or alternatively somehow generating new commercial revenues, which are again really difficult to do as we can't just allow Usmanov to give us £100m to sponsor a lounge or something as these deals are assessed to see whether we are using them to try to get around FFP (which is exactly what we would be trying to do).

We have another 18 months worth of this I would guess. There is no quick fix.

It would appear Carlo has made a judgement call on Pickford. Not clear who, at the top end of the table at least and who could afford the fee/wages he would command, might presently need a new keeper. Is he a better option than anyone wearing a No 1 above us? Debatable.. Schmeichel is getting on but no chance he would go to sit on the bench there, Spurs perhaps... but unlikely to pay whatever he is on with us, Arsenal maybe.. We may be stuck with him regardless of Carlo's view.

In terms of a replacement, Moyes just signed Darren Randolph from Boro for a cut price 4m. Has always looked reliable, when I have seen him for Ireland, and is a popular unassuming fella by all accounts. He runs a keeper academy here in Dublin - where they have coached my sons club team - and have only heard positive feedback. We need an infusion of a number of solid characters to this motley bunch.

32, yes, but for 4m, that is good business by Moyes to be fair.

randolph is rubbish mate.

Saw that Irish lad Idah scored a hat trick for Norwich there recently. Looks the business tbf, pace to burn.
I watch most of the u21s games and he impressed everytime I seen him. Will only get better . Very clever with his hold up and proved he can also finish

This.

I hate to go all Esk on everyone, but there are no quick fixes here. We might want to get rid of loads of players, but because of FFP there are minimum amounts we can sell these players for without negatively affecting our FFP position (which is already fairly precarious)

Sigurdsson - approx £20m
Tosun - approx £14m
Walcott - approx £10m
Keane - approx £15m

And then you factor in the harsh reality that most of those players are on six figure weekly salaries - realistically we are not going to sell them without hurting ourselves from a FFP perspective, which impacts our ability to replace them. The best you can hope for is that we get the wages off the books and loan them out until their value is low enough to convince someone to take them.

The only way we change that is by selling someone at a big profit to enable us to take hits on those players or alternatively somehow generating new commercial revenues, which are again really difficult to do as we can't just allow Usmanov to give us £100m to sponsor a lounge or something as these deals are assessed to see whether we are using them to try to get around FFP (which is exactly what we would be trying to do).

Given that Carlo has asked for another keeper think you will find that Pickford will be that ‘big’ sale

Buy back Liam Walsh. If someone could put up a link to his goal for Coventry you would see why we should get him back. His contract expires on 31.05.2020. So how much would he cost? £0.5m? A local lad who would settle straight in as he knows the club from being there as a kid. At the very minimum he would give us more than Schneiderlin. But he could just be a gem. He has a few injuries since he left but if someone can attach a link to his goal you can see what he can do when he is fit. He also likes to tackle. Imagine that...an Everton central midfielder who tackles.

This.

Sigurdsson - approx £20m
Tosun - approx £14m
Walcott - approx £10m
Keane - approx £15m

Don’t disagree with any of this all makes perfect sense.

I will say only Everton could finally get a world class manager and not be able to support him like the 3 chumps before him.

Everton that.

Buy back Liam Walsh. If someone could put up a link to his goal for Coventry you would see why we should get him back. His contract expires on 31.05.2020. So how much would he cost? £0.5m? A local lad who would settle straight in as he knows the club from being there as a kid. At the very minimum he would give us more than Schneiderlin. But he could just be a gem. He has a few injuries since he left but if someone can attach a link to his goal you can see what he can do when he is fit. He also likes to tackle. Imagine that...an Everton central midfielder who tackles.
He's that good that Bristol City turfed him out on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.