2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one shot on target two goals thing is a funny thing to mock a team with for a quick laugh, but it's not really indicative of anything is it? We scored an own goal, it happens.

I don't think it's embarrassingly bad because their other results have been good. At the time I thought it was 3 points that every other decent side would take, and we'd dropped a massive clanger. In hindsight though, I was wrong. They've played 6 games since and only lost once, a pretty unlucky defeat to a team that feels like it hasn't lost for about 15 years. I've watched them a few times now and they're a genuinely good side, I was doing them a disservice thinking we should have just rolled them over.
No, we should roll them and everybody else over. To consider less is criminal. You dont play to be realists, you play to win.

Attachments

• 6A706159-C102-4581-996E-D634950A6B3D.jpeg
    6A706159-C102-4581-996E-D634950A6B3D.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 93
I doubt many of our chances were missed by a striker, more by everyone around him. Our strikers don’t get any chances.

While we do create chances, it’s meaningless unless someone puts them in.

Being top of the table for goals actually going in via set pieces etc, they are meaningful and
Much more important.

I doubt many of our chances were missed by a striker, more by everyone around him. Our strikers don’t get any chances.

While we do create chances, it’s meaningless unless someone puts them in.

Being top of the table for goals actually going in via set pieces etc, they are meaningful and
Much more important.
Not really. In fact they're not really meaningful at all. Results are meaningful, and actual goals for and against. This type of stat is useful because it gives an idea of where you're going wrong. I disagree that we don't create a lot. I've said before that for some reason people have started to believe that unless you give a striker an open net from 6 yards it's not a real chance, it's weird. Tosun had two chances on saturday that you have to put away against decent sides, and we've not been doing it. They're not sitters, but the type of chance that other teams have been putting away against us. Hence these sort of stats saying we get a lot of chances and don't give up many, but we concede more than we score.

The 3 points of 5th thing is a bit of a myth anyway. It does'nt account for any of the results for the teams between 5th and 15th, some who already have more points than us, also we have a -5 goal difference. If we get a win against Norwich i think we will end up about 9/10th
People dont get it, there is a massive difference between 3 points off 5th with a game in hand, and 3 points off fifth.

If we beat Norwich we dont go 5th, we should climb a few places but it's impossible move 10 places, were 15th, that's all the matters right now.

People dont get it, there is a massive difference between 3 points off 5th with a game in hand, and 3 points off fifth.

If we beat Norwich we dont go 5th, we should climb a few places but it's impossible move 10 places, were 15th, that's all the matters right now.
No, I think it's you that doesn't get it.

It's just a statement of fact. We really are 3 points off 5th. If people were saying 'if we beat Norwich we could go 5th' that would be incorrect. But they're not are they? They're saying we're 3 points off 5th to highlight how tight the table is and how we haven't been left behind, not to suggest that it's where we're going to be a week on saturday.

No, I think it's you that doesn't get it.

It's just a statement of fact. We really are 3 points off 5th. If people were saying 'if we beat Norwich we could go 5th' that would be incorrect. But they're not are they? They're saying we're 3 points off 5th to highlight how tight the table is and how we haven't been left behind, not to suggest that it's where we're going to be a week on saturday.

The reason why the whole 3 points off 5th thing is jarg IMO is because our December run is a shocker.

Whilst true now I'll eat my hat if we are anything lower than 7/8+ points off 5th come New Year.

Season over by Xmas again thanks to this Putz.

Status
Not open for further replies.