2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he has £20B down the back of his couch he cant.

For examples sake Chelsea under Ken Bates were a middling side, hardly challenging the top spots until late 90s/early 00s until Abramovich took over and they began to establish them selves as a title challenging team

City spent like a drunken sailor under Shiniwatra and famously ended a season shipping 8 to a bang average Middlesbrough then the Mansours came in and they’ve hardly stopped winning a pot since

That lot over the park have gone through two changes of ownership and billions spent and only now finally have a squad capable of winning a title

I dont propose it because it's not happening.

Should I propose that Boris Johnson walks into the Thames and keeps walking? I could, but I just dont think it'll happen.
If you don't propose it then why suggest it? It's a pointless statement. As for your 2nd sentence please try, you never know....

£210m net spend in 3 years
£63m for the RS and they’re light years ahead.

Good manager makes the difference
£70M average net spend per season over three season and you think that's enough rocket boosters to put us into the orbit Liverpool, Chelsea, United and City operate in?

Ridiculous.

...and Liverpool had a massively expensive squad before Klopp tipped up.

To be honest the utter farce is 14 months into the job and we concede the same goals and play the same football.

He should be achieving more than 11th.

Im not saying sack him, but hes not getting a free ride from me.

I know you have your Brands and Moshiri agenda to push, but the fact is that this clown needs to start improving our results and so far hes not.

Our away form has been poor for about 25 years, so im not putting it all on him, its not always about players, sometimes its about tactics.
I liked Silva when he was appointed, I thought we had identified the manager we wanted and done everything we could to get him. I hated the thought of Allardyce managing us and was happy for that change. I also thought we needed, and still do, to be patient in terms of league position and squad building - and I don't think you do that by changing manager every 18 months or so.

But, Silva is really testing my patience now. Stubbornness is such a poor trait in a manager if you aren't winning and it's worse when you have changed to a winning tactic, then decide to change back to the one that wasn't working.

It was baffling to start with DCL today and given the options up front it's odd that he refuses to play 4-3-3. We barely used Richarlison today who was causing Bournemouth all sorts of problems, but instead passed it around sideways until we lost it and allowed them to counter.

The refusal to make any proactive substitutions is another real worry.

Yes mate. Another game has come and gone were our team played like a bunch of strangers and our manager made even more mistakes to add to his ever growing catalogue of them all the while sitting looking lost and totally out of his depth in the dugout.

I thought we played OK. Certainly dominated play. We have too many players not performing to carry it off. Mistakes aplenty and lack of cutting edge up front. If those mistakes did not happen it would have been probably 3 points. They were bad bad mistakes but overall we did not play too bad. I am not happy but I would be more concerned if we had been under the cosh all match and lose 3-1 then we would not have a single positive. Tweaking is needed rather than an overhaul.

Moshiri: just wants a stadium built. That's it. If a manager delivers best of the rest or 7th = that's ok.

We are not set up to succeed. We haven't for a long time, and anyone stating that Moshiri is a difference is talking though the top of their hat.

True I fear, at every echelon of the club, wrong decisions made on a consistent basis.

Result= mediocrity.

We're crap and facing a relegation battle with the remaining chuckle brother in charge.

Cant believe a Watford manager was the height of our ambition.

I'm also convinced we just keep Big Dunc around to keep him in a job. Hes about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

£70M average net spend per season over three season and you think that's enough rocket boosters to put us into the orbit Liverpool, Chelsea, United and City operate in?

Ridiculous.

...and Liverpool had a massively expensive squad before Klopp tipped up.
Also people can’t seem to get their heads around
That we are trying to change virtually our whole team, when prices are going through the roof.

It’s totally different spending now to even 3yrs ago. Unfortunately we are a massive disadvantage and the money wasted 2yrs ago is a big problem.

we have weakened our team over the transfer window ,. by losing guye (whos basically irreplaceable) AND Zouma

we now don't have gueys level of defensive cover infront of a frail CB pairing who ZERO competition for their starting spots.. which breeds complatency.

Silva is not the sort of manager / coach to change things up and get the best out of these players. he seems to have the personality of a traffic cone.

I think we will be in the bottom 3 around Christmas, looking at how weve played from the start this season we just don't look anywhere near a team or unit. and our better players seem to be having a form crisis right from the get go ??? why the hell is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.