2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and egg.

No decent manager will touch is until we break the top 4 and we aint breaking the top 4 without a decent manager.

Evertonception.
...it takes City/Chelsea levels of cash usually. We did top 4 and top 5 in the last decade but still couldn't attract better than Level II managers.

Money talks; BS walks....

He's clueless and has been since day one. I've been desperately hanging on to a ludicrous hope that he'd prove me wrong and come good but seen nothing from him during his time here that suggests that he's even learning from his catalogue of mistakes. I don't even blame Silva, he should never of been here in the first place. He's just the latest joke of a managerial appointment from the club. Its a matter when, not if he's gonna get the bullet.

I take it we lost today.

I dont.

I just ask for you to be more reasonable in demanding what this manager can achieve or should achieve.

To be honest the utter farce is 14 months into the job and we concede the same goals and play the same football.

He should be achieving more than 11th.

Im not saying sack him, but hes not getting a free ride from me.

I know you have your Brands and Moshiri agenda to push, but the fact is that this clown needs to start improving our results and so far hes not.

Our away form has been poor for about 25 years, so im not putting it all on him, its not always about players, sometimes its about tactics.

Mourinhio would want to spend £200 million on 2 players with no outgoings. We can't afford to do that. We are balancing our books with our spending and despite spending lots we have recouped lots also. Net spend is important to us and not Mourihnio. Why would he come here knowing he has to build a team knowing he will probably get a job elsewhere at an already top club busting at the seams with money.

Im not too sure - he built a very good side with Porto on buttons and he didnt spend a fortune at Inter Milan either.

He actually said last week commentating on us that we need to sign more Richarlison's than cast offs from the top clubs if we are to progress as those players are hungry and will develop.

I think Jose gets slated alot because he's lucky enough to manage clubs who can afford to spend money - Silva is also lucky in that regard - its just that Jose wins trophies and wins football games more often than he draws/loses whereas Silva doesnt.

Im not saying he would deffo come - I just think the money we spend we should be looking at better managers than those who have done nothing but win the 1 horse Greek farmer league and got sacked at Watford and relegated with Hull.

Its Moshiri's most baffling appointment - I atleast understood why he went for Koeman and Alladyce even if I didnt agree with them.

Mourinho would be hanging us out to dry within 5 minutes, there are 30 years of failings here that he would be more than content to pin on someone else, anyone but him. The way Koeman passed the buck was awful, Mourinho would do it on steroids.

To be honest the utter farce is 14 months into the job and we concede the same goals and play the same football.

I know you have your Brands and Moshiri agenda to push, but the fact is that this clown needs to start improving our results and so far hes not.

Our away form has been poor for about 25 years, so im not putting it all on him, its not always about players, sometimes its about tactics.
He's not getting a free ride from me either. I just recognise that if his best CM is sold and we dont provide a decent CB unit for him to work with we;ll be punished.

Style of play? Yes, fully agree. I'm sick of the formation and lack of blend in the team.

It's consistently about an awful mindset, and lack of self belief.
Our mental approach to the game is, and has been, woeful for years and years.

...it takes City/Chelsea levels of cash usually. We did top 4 and top 5 in the last decade but still couldn't attract better than Level II managers.

Money talks; BS walks....

We dont have the income to push faster than we already are, its really that simple.

Mansour could buy us tomorrow and he wouldnt be able to spend more.

But you specifically said let's get richer owners, did you not?
I dont propose it because it's not happening.

Should I propose that Boris Johnson walks into the Thames and keeps walking? I could, but I just dont think it'll happen.

Im not too sure - he built a very good side with Porto on buttons and he didnt spend a fortune at Inter Milan either.

He actually said last week commentating on us that we need to sign more Richarlison's than cast offs from the top clubs if we are to progress as those players are hungry and will develop.

I think Jose gets slated alot because he's lucky enough to manage clubs who can afford to spend money - Silva is also lucky in that regard - its just that Jose wins trophies and wins football games more often than he draws/loses whereas Silva doesnt.

Im not saying he would deffo come - I just think the money we spend we should be looking at better managers than those who have done nothing but win the 1 horse Greek farmer league and got sacked at Watford and relegated with Hull.

Its Moshiri's most baffling appointment - I atleast understood why he went for Koeman and Alladyce even if I didnt agree with them.

Well why is he out of a job currently, he could have almost any club he wants but he is choosy he wants rich clubs with an already top team that he is capable of tweaking. He will not fall back and build a team again because I don't think he has the passion to do it and has become more and more sulky when things don't go his way.

We dont have the income to push faster than we already are, its really that simple.

Mansour could buy us tomorrow and he wouldnt be able to spend more.
He could. He''d just say "bollocks to European liecenses and fines. We'll suffer that and then get back in after I've bought world class team and installed a class manager."

Status
Not open for further replies.