2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even outside of the point about his relative lack of resources (which isn't in debate anyway), I don't think there is any evidence to suggest Moshiri adapts anything other than a part-time interest in the day-to-day affairs of the club.

The club needed, and needs, absolute reform from the top-down as opposed to the status quo at board level we ended up with. Years on, and everyone on the board should be Moshiri appointees, and in the run-up to those changes, Moshiri needed to have been an almost dictatorial figure akin to Abramovich in forcing through the changes needed, kicking and screaming if required. More of the same leads to more of the same.
He's an absentee landlord promising us a bigger and better house to lease off him.

How much was clawed in to spend all that?

We churn. We rob Peter to pay Paul, by and large. Overall, that's what we've seen under Moshiri.

Tbf Klopp doesnt seem to mind having to sell players to buy players

Poch has barely spent a penny on players at Spurs but is yet to have left.

As I said mate its a myth that the top managers want £500 million a year to spend on players - yes we would have to break the bank in terms of wages but if thw ownership are serious about ever doing anything then its a small price to pay when you consider the money pished under the previous managers.

We've spent £200 million in 2 Transfer windows under Silva

We spent £50 million under Allardyce in 6 months

We spent about £200 million under 18 months under Koeman

Its a complete myth that we dont spend money.

Very few clubs in world football can outspend us in reality.

Mourinhio would want to spend £200 million on 2 players with no outgoings. We can't afford to do that. We are balancing our books with our spending and despite spending lots we have recouped lots also. Net spend is important to us and not Mourihnio. Why would he come here knowing he has to build a team knowing he will probably get a job elsewhere at an already top club busting at the seams with money.

I thught it made perfect sense, and still do: we have owners who want and budget for a 6th place finish. He can compete for that...and he will again this season.

If we want better, then get richer owners.
OK let's get richer owners..... Every club like every player is for sale. How then do you propose that us as a fan base sack our owners and install wealthier ones???

You have it wrong, I wasnt praising either manager.

But the fact is that those 2 are the only managers with a decent trophy haul prior to getting the Everton job.

Oh I agree, the expectations for managers amongst our support is crazy. We get what the very best teams dont want: Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Silva.

OK let's get richer owners..... Every club like every player is for sale. How then do you propose that us as a fan base sack our owners and install wealthier ones???
I dont.

I just ask for you to be more reasonable in demanding what this manager can achieve or should achieve.

He's clueless and has been since day one. I've been desperately hanging on to a ludicrous hope that he'd prove me wrong and come good but seen nothing from him during his time here that suggests that he's even learning from his catalogue of mistakes. I don't even blame Silva, he should never of been here in the first place. He's just the latest joke of a managerial appointment from the club. Its a matter when, not if he's gonna get the bullet.

Like who tho?

Ronald Koeman and Walter Smith are the only 2 managers we have ever appointed that are proven "winners", how did that work out for us?

Yeah I see what you are saying. I just think his record, for all the chasing we did, doesn’t sit right.

As for who we got in, I don’t really know, I reckon there would have been beter qualified candidates to go for. Hopefully Brands has more of an idea than I have if he does go.

I don’t think he should go, but if the rest of this season shapes up as a poor one, they should consider it I reckon.

In the run up to the game I thought we had about a 10% chance of winning today, we just don't tend to turn up the books results wise.

I actually thought 3 points would have been quite significant in the course of this season for us, it is something else when winning at Bournemouth would have been seen as a noteworthy scalp.

To be honest, I am fatigued at the prospect of more change and I don't see it as realistic anyway. If it comes to it, he will be given patience to fail, as that's the way here.

Even so, we are not going to attract anyone "proven", at least not with a recent record in one of the big leagues.

It would be either a 90% clapped out Pellegrini type, content to keep things ticking over for a few years and adding to their retirement fund, or another half-educated foreign punt. I am very wary of both.

If an objectively better alternative was willing and available, then I'm all for ruthlessness.

The one joker in the pack is the continuing myth that Brands gave Silva the green light. That was done and dusted and I think it would, or will suit Brands to spin to that effect if the time ever comes where Silva is near the chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.