Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally don’t like it...

You make the most noise when shouting and clapping at the match, so why would you want to remove an atmospheric instrument and replace it with a flag?

The players can’t hear the fans waving their flags can they?

Problem us we dont make noise. We dont shout or clap hands. Its been silent for years. I dont mind if slagging the plastuc flags off if we had a bit of an atmosphere. We dont so fair play to these lads for trying to improve it because 1 thing is for sure. Nobody else has.

Please elaborate.

My good memories of Goodison is hearing Z Cars kick in and then the noise level gradually raises as everyone gets a first glimpse of team coming out of the tunnel. Now we’ll have to look at a flag.

A forced atmosphere is not needed, especially on one of the few games you’re guaranteed a big atmosphere i.e. the first home game.

Z cars will still be happening mate.

A few flags in the park end won’t make a difference

It's a shame Everton in the community isn't also Everton in the environment, seems like a waste of plastic in a world that already has too much plastic

It's well intention but it's just not Everton who are traditionally a reactive fan base. It's a kind gesture by someone who is out of touch with our fans

For me it's like Turkey at Christmas, forced nonsense.

All different sizes. Go mad. Banners etc im on for 2. We have great tradition of bringing them to european away matches if i can remember that far back. I like what these lads are doing. It will take a bit of time to get it right.
Yeah I'd be up for that, a sea of little plastic flags isn't for me but a sea of proper flags and banners, with the fans giving it loads would be boss.

This is another example of how generally in life when a body is set up to achieve a certain objective it subsequently refuses to just take the kudos and then go. The original idea to set up a small group to look at how GP could once again become a bear pit was a good one and with the first wave of recommendations adopted it was job done. Now its getting silly. Plastic flags, a singing section....FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.